SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER AUTOMOTIVE MANUFACTURER
Due to their progressive growth, our client, a global leader in powertrain design, test and manufacture, has an opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join their site in Rugby. You will be working within an organisation that will support you in pushing your career to the next level, whilst not compromising the work life balance, which is reflected in their unrivalled benefits package.
The main responsibility of this role is to lead projects and manage the portfolio of projects in order to achieve desired targets and deliverables including timing, budgetary, technical and customer related aspects. To follow the defined product development (PPP) process and report at the regional and global review meetings.
- Define project portfolio content and ensure adherence to PPP process requirements for the whole portfolio as well as own projects.
- Participate in technology committee meetings to develop key priorities based upon market and customer needs
- Track deliverables including number of new products released, budget indicators, gate status and time to market.
- Deploy new products in the market by working with the Product Expert (PEX) group, Voice of Customer portfolio and Sales & Applications Engineers to identify and exploit opportunities.
- Ensure strong cross functional team working throughout the product development portfolios
Skills and Experiences
- Experience of managing projects including portfolio of multiple projects with varying levels of complexity and urgency.
- Ability to monitor time and budget elements with a keen eye on establishing early warning signs
- Knowledge of automotive industry
- Experience of materials science, tribology or automotive engineering based projects
- Aware of market considerations and drivers
- Understanding of internal combustion engines
- Ability to communicate at all levels and present complex data and projects in short summary formats
- Ability to motivate own team and wider project teams
- Ensure strong follow up of actions with effective meeting techniques
- Knowledge of APQP and FMEA processes
- Six sigma and statistical techniques
This is a fantastic role offering a great salary, along with some other fantastic benefits. The client are a world leading powertrain consultancy firm, with state of the art facilities and a world renowned reputation, working with some of the most prestigious vehicle manufacturers in the world.