OCS are embarking on a major programme of technology transformation which will deliver significant new capabilities to our clients. To support this, we are looking for a technically strong Test Manager to take responsibility for the testing of IT project changes.
This role reports to the Head of Enterprise Architecture, and is accountable for ensuring that the test strategy and plans for all projects is appropriate to the risk associated with the planned changes.
You will develop test strategies, and oversee the development and execution of test scenarios and scripts, working closely with the wider IT team to conduct testing activates that demonstrate project solution alignment to business requirements, IT strategy and principles.
You will work closely with Test Analysts, Business Analysts, Enterprise and Solution Architects and Project Managers as well as external delivery partners to align the testing activities to other project deliverables and timelines.
You will identify, document and communicate any defects, risks and issues identified during the testing process and escalate as required.
- Using documented business requirements, develop test strategies and plans for IT projects
- Manage Test Analysts to develop and execute test scenarios and scripts for IT projects
- Manage risks and issues associated with the testing process and escalate where necessary
- Own and manage and IT testing tools and processes
- Respond to project requests in a timely fashion
- Report regularly on progress to relevant governance forums and bodies
- Five or more years managing IT test teams. Experience of working in a facilities management environment is highly advantageous
- Exposure to IT project delivery processes and best practise
- A career history showing progression within IT testing roles within a challenging, changeable environment comprising multiple business systems and with a need for synergy
- A track record of delivering world class testing solutions within a large, complex commercial operation where flexibility and value for money are key success factors
- Must have a good standard of education to at least degree level OR demonstrate equivalent skills and ability
- No formal qualifications are required for this role; however, exposure to ITIL, CoBiT, Prince2 frameworks or similar would be an advantage
- Ability to deliver optimal testing approaches, based on a balanced view of cost and risk to the organisation
- Strong planning and organising skills including the ability to manage several work streams simultaneously
- Excellent documentation skills with the ability to explain outcomes to a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills with a capacity to present, discuss and explain issues coherently and logically, both in writing and verbally
- Able to resolve differences professionally and effectively when projects are intent on a certain direction that may conflict with IT strategy and direction
- Pragmatic in approach and highly delivery focused
The OCS Group is one of the UK's leading providers of facilities management and property support services, employing over 25,000 people in the UK. We have been at the forefront of developing integrated Facilities Management, becoming a seamless extension of our clients' businesses by delivering best in class services. How have we achieved such success? It is through our dedicated teams of industry experts who work in partnership with our clients to deliver innovative FM solutions.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75204779