The role will support effective front line service delivery within the People Services team, working with line managers across a range of operational HR activity including employee relations, workforce planning, health and well being, learning and development, and contribution to wider HR strategies.
A government organisation based in Coventry
Provide timely, accurate and robust advice and guidance on a range of routine HR issues and employment relations casework to include: disciplinary, capability, grievance, attendance management, dignity at work and organisational change. Provide assistance, guidance and support to investigating officers during employment relations cases across the organisation, including supporting or presenting information during formal hearings.
Supporting managers with attendance management to ensure timely and effective completion of Occupational Health referrals, conduct absence review and return to work meetings, produce notes, draft outcome letters and progress requisite follow up actions.
Input into local restructurings and change programmes, producing business cases and impact assessments, drafting correspondence, producing HR case plans and associated risk planning.
Support with routine workforce planning activity, making effective use of HR Management Information.
Provide support to the Senior HR Management Team and HR Business Partners, to progress and implement people management solutions in order to achieve business objectives.
- Knowledge of advising directly on a range of HR, management, and ER issues
- Must be comfortable working on a high volume of cases
- Up to date knowledge of employment legislation
- Must have previously supported line managers to improve staff performance and effectively manage organisational change
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong knowledge of HR systems, ideally iTrent
- Ideally will have CIPD qualification or equivalent
Permanent role - Government pension scheme - Free parking - 25 days A/L + BH and Christmas closure days