Engineering Project Manager
A Project Manager with experience in automotive electronics manufacturing is required for a permanent employment opportunity with a leading global automotive company based in Birmingham.
The role is offering a salary of approximately £45,000 per annum + benefits based on experience.
Our client is a leading automotive technology company that specialises in the design and manufacture of complex interior solutions including driver information, dashboard displays, vehicle infotainment and climate control solutions.
- Responsible for continuous improvement on all printed circuit board SMT process lines.
- Using data, identify teams projects to resolve systemic SMT issues
- Provide weekly report to leadership including the FPY process indicators for the AOIs and associated actions plans to improve.
- Be point of escalation for the team to achieve ongoing plant objectives
- Identify teams training and development requirements
- Manage team holidays, absence and team performance appraisals
- Site lead in conjunction with Advanced Manufacturing Engineering group to apply process fingerprinting system to our SMT and seek best practice standardisation across GE
- Daily cadence with the SMT team reviewing line performance and improvement objectives
- Identify and manage plant obsolescence with change management procedures.
- Construct, evaluate & approve plant/process capability by both statistical and IPC conformance methods.
- Significant knowledge of the "Surface Mount Process"- material science, thermal profiling, stencil printing, paste rheology, component construction, device types, solder chemistry, placement and design guidelines to provide true technical leadership
- Site lead for SMT DFA/DFM global standards
- Monitor prelaunch build metrics with regular performance reviews to achieve zero defect launch, on time and at rate
- Foster a culture of ownership and team work
- Ensure team compliance with rules and procedures for NPI and HS&E
- Attend the PCC on a daily basis to update and take action upon business critical objectives
- Deliver continuous CIS savings for the plant
- Continually look for gaps and weaknesses in either our equipment or operating process to drive the quality performance of the plant.
- Work closely with the AME teams to be integral in the "next step" of Global SMT development
Skills / Experience Required
- Conversant with IPC standards.
- Must be able to demonstrate his/her improvements of the SMT process.
- Team management experience essential.
- Proven manufacturing experience preferably in automotive electronics.
- Knowledge of ISO/TS16949 and compliance to business policy and procedure would be advantageous
- Factual and analytical based decision making through the use of data.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. (conversant with Excel, PowerPoint ,Word and Microsoft project)
- Problem solving tools and techniques, e.g. 8D methodology, 5 Why , 6 sigma (Green belt preferred)
- Flexibility in working hours.
- Determined and driven for success.
- Must be able to Communicate at all levels.
- Excellent presentation skills - the role will require formal presentation to the customer and or Senior Personnel.
Pension Plan, Life Insurance Policy, Holiday Bonus, 25 Days Holiday
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position please APPLY NOW or for further information you can contact James Laver on or email
Keywords: Engineering, electronics manufacturing, advanced vehicle safety, SMT, process, NPI, New Product Introduction, FPY, IPC, conformance methods, surface mount process, PCBA, rheology ISO/TS16949, 8D methodology, 5 Whys, 6 sigma
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75230969