Barristers' Clerk, Paralegal & Sales Executive
The Role with ShenSmith
We require an enthusiastic and energetic new member of our team to work with us in a diverse multi-capacity role in our innovative business.
ShenSmith is a truly unique company, incorporating both the provision of legal services and the retail of very niche products from our Lichfield offices. ShenSmith Barristers — a 'virtual' barristers' Chambers and ShenSmith Law — one of the UK's first BSB-authorised Licensed Bodies provide access to the full range of barristers' services and litigation support for clients in a wide variety of cases.
ShenSmith Barristers — a 'virtual' barristers' Chambers and ShenSmith Law — one of the UK's first BSB-authorised Licensed Bodies, provide access to the full range of barristers' services and litigation support for clients in a wide variety of cases.
The role incorporates clerking of barristers and administration of legal cases while providing sales and administrative support for the sale of niche products sold by ShenSmith.
As an ideal candidate, you will:
- Have very keen attention to detail
- Quickly assimilate and apply new and complex information
- Have impeccable ethics and a strong sense of responsibility
- Demonstrate keen enthusiasm to attract new business
- Have strong computer and technology skills
- Have a confident and professional telephone manner
- Be able to think quickly on your feet and outside of the box
- Be eager, hungry and motivated to generate new business for each area of our sales and services
Beneficial Knowledge & Experience
The best candidates will have a working knowledge of the UK legal system, be familiar or at least comfortable with working within a regulated environment. Business, law or management degrees will greatly enhance your application. On-the-job learning is essential in this dynamic and variable role.
You will work closely within a team, liaising regularly with senior barristers, courts, and our suppliers around the country.
Benefits & Remuneration
Will include a base salary plus variable commission structure commensurate with your experience, along with a pension enrolment. Training and development in the Clerk/Paralegal role, with long-term career development opportunities.