Mental Health Practitioner - New Elizabethan School - MDT
Role:Mental Health Practitioner
Salary: £35,000 pro rata
Permanent: Full Time, 40 hours per week. Term Time 38 weeks per year.
Essential: HCPC registered.
Cambian Group, the UK’s largest provider of specialist services in children’s residential care, education, mental health rehabilitation and learning disabilities, is looking for a dedicated individual to join the company as a Mental Health Practitioner. The post will require someone with previous experience of working in CAMHS settings, specifically within Looked After Children’s services.
We offer excellent training and career progression opportunities as well as a variety of staff benefits.
Cambian New Elizabethan School
Cambian New Elizabethan School is a day school that offers outstanding opportunities for boys and girls with a diagnosis of communication difficulties, autism spectrum conditions, complex needs and challenging behaviour.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POST:
To provide a therapeutic service to children and young people placed within identified school in the region by assessing and identifying their needs and meeting them through consultation and training to Residential and Educational staff, direct therapeutic work, care planning and management in conjunction with the MDT.
They may be required to supervise Clinical Psychology Trainees / Health Care Students / Assistants as appropriate. Dependent on experience, they may be required to supervise other Mental Health Practitioners and offer structured support to identified operational roles within the organization.
RANGE OF DUTIES:
- To provide specialist assessments of children and young people placed within the Education settings as appropriate
- To formulate and implement plans of therapeutic intervention / management of children and young people’s presentation based on psychological understanding of the difficulties within current evidence-based practice, in conjunction with the wider MDT at the setting.
- To undertake consultation and training with educational staff, supporting them to understand the reasons for a young person’s presentation and enabling them to provide holistic therapeutic care.
- To exercise autonomous professional judgment and responsibility for the therapeutic management of children and young people including assessment, formulation, intervention, discharge and effective communication of these plans with other professionals involved in the care of the young person.
- To undertake risk assessment and management for individual children and young people and to provide advice on the therapeutic aspects or risk assessment and management to other professions.
- To effectively monitor the progress of interventions.
- To contribute to the development, implementation, evaluation and monitoring of the team’s operational policies and services as necessary.
- To contribute to the writing of protocols and policies concerned with the delivery and development of clinical services, providing a therapeutic perspective as appropriate following evidence-based practice.
- To receive regular clinical supervision and professional management, according to good practice guidelines.
- To provide professional and clinical supervision of other CAMHs/MH Practitioners alongside that of any other junior members of the team as identified by their line manager and as appropriate.
- To participate in team meetings and contribute to the writing of protocols and policies concerned with the delivery and development of clinical services as appropriate.
- To remain informed of, and critically evaluate, current research and literature to support evidence-based practice interventions with children and young people.
- To contribute to medication management processes and related staff training as required.
- To undertake appropriate service relevant research as agreed with the Associate Clinical Director
- To maintain comprehensive clinical notes and consultation records as defined in the operational policy.
- To undertake other tasks required by the service in negotiation with the supervisor.
Mental Health Nurse background
Registered with relevant professional organisation
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION ATTACHED