Depot & Compounds Supervisor
The work to electrify the Midland Main Line is a vital aspect of Network Rail's strategy to provide a safe, reliable and efficient railway. Carillion Powerlines Group Joint Venture are carrying out works to make the line completely electrified using a 25kV Overhead Line Equipment (OLE) design. Bridges and tunnels on the route will be altered or rebuilt as well as work to remodel stations and carry out line speed improvements.
The Depot & Compounds Supervisor will manage all requirements of depots, compounds and RRAPs along the Midland Main Line route. Ensuring compounds are maintained, secured and are fully fit for purpose. Implement safe systems of work for all operations and deliveries. Develop, publish and ensure adherence to complex plans for each site and ensure all depot, compound and RRAP users comply with all processes and safety systems.
- Lead, supervise & coordinate a team to provide day to day management of all depots, compounds and RRAPs on MMLE route
- Develop, publish and ensure adherence to site plans for all sites, including laydown areas, storage plans, depot and stores, one way circuits, offloading/loading areas, plant requirements, plant storage, security, racking, stillage, packing materials, welfare facilities, employee parking
- Develop detailed route plans detailing times to avoid, identifying restrictions and maximum size of vehicle that can be used.
- Provide advice on depot design to ensure efficient processes and safe systems of work
- Monitor operations within depots, compounds and RRAPs to ensure safe systems of work are in place
- Advise Management Team and all employees on the correct processes for each site, report and rectify misuse of any site
- Ensure all sites are secure and access arrangements are in place
- Ensure welfare facilities are maintained and fit for purpose
- Ensure service level agreement is in place for the facilities management of all sites and manage all contracts
- Identify areas for improvement and use innovation to provide efficiencies in operations within compounds
- Assist with logistics transport plans, distribution operations, staff transport
- Audit processes at all sites and produce action plans for improvements
A career with Carillion is rewarding in more ways than one. As well as the chance to do meaningful work, you can typically expect to enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Company Vehicle & Fuel Card
- Pension scheme
- Private health insurance
- Carillion 'Thank you’ scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and discounts on High Street brands.