Pre sales Solutions Architect, SQL / Oracle solutions
"pre sales" software "solutions consultant" "solutions architect" saas sql oracle cloud
Pre Sales Solutions Architect, SQL / Oracle solutions for a major UK managed services company
Up to £45k base plus £4.5k pa car allowance plus bonus/commission
Home office based, but will require 1 day per week in the client’s Letchworth (Hertfordshire) offices.
1. ROLE OVERVIEW
We are the UK's leading provider of business process outsourcing and integrated professional support service solutions that employ over 75,000 people and are listed as one of the top 25 largest British companies in the world. Due to continued growth and success, we are looking to recruit a Pre-Sales Solutions Architect to be based at our Hertfordshire offices. The role will involve you working alongside our presales and sales team of 20 plus staff all selling finance solutions, bespoke solutions and managed services.
By using your technical and commercial knowhow, you will help overcome technical challenges that will in turn help secure future business.
Under the direction of the Lead Solutions Architect, the Pre-Sales Solutions Architect will be required to perform a broad range of activities to support the sales process.
This role includes a combination of office and site based activities to support the sales process to cover off any technical requirements for each bid. This can range from answering Tenders/RFI’s/PQQ’s to attending meetings to answer and present on the technical aspect of the solution as well as supporting the functional Pre Sales team in preparing for demonstrations.
Our customers are located across the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland, and as such travel will be required as part of this role, and occasional overnight stays when visiting customers sites will also be required. Whilst this role can be home-based, the expectation will be that the successful candidate will work from our Letchworth office at least once per week.
2. KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivering of technical presentations & demonstrations, focussed on how our bespoke solutions meet the needs of customers to solve problems
- Scoping bespoke solutions and developing Proof-of-Concepts using our Java-based software Framework
- Providing hardware recommendation and design technical architecture based on customer requirements (working with Technical Pre-Sales Solutions Architects)
- Attending regular meetings with software engineering and delivery teams to review proposals
- Responding to technical questions raised in ITTs/ RFIs
- Keeping the sales knowledgebase for technical responses up to date.
- Helping to manage the Demonstration environments
- Complying with documented procedures at all times.
3. EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Must have a good technical understanding of Database technologies (ideally SQL Server and Oracle Database)
- Must have a good technical understanding of Windows Operating Systems. Knowledge of Linux is also desirable
- Must have good presentation skills and the ability to present solutions to both technical and non technical audiences.
- Must have an understanding of the solution design process
- Experience with a object-oriented development language, ideally Java
- Must be sales focused and commercially aware
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as, well as good interpersonal skills
- Should be educated to degree level or have equivalent experience
- Be able to demonstrate commitment and understanding
- Logical thinker with an aptitude for problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player, enthusiastic & flexible
- Must have a full UK driving license
- Previous experience in pre-sales for software-based solutions and/or technical solutions
- Understanding of Cloud technologies and delivery models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, etc)
- Understanding of web server technologies and services (e.g. Apache HTTP, Reverse Proxy, etc)