Our client is a bespoke logistics solutions provider offering transport, storage and supply services throughout the UK with the capability to cover worldwide deliveries.
Operating their own comprehensive mixed fleet of vehicles. Offering a same day, overnight, International, pallets and scheduled shipments door to door with nationwide coverage.
Our client is now looking for a Transport Controller to be based at their premises in Solihull
To provide an exceptional experience via all communication channels as the first point of contact to our clients and partners where 'going the extra mile and more' is part of the daily activity. To take ownership of ensuring an efficient and accurate process around all collection and deliveries. Focusing on effective routing to maximise efficiency and commercial returns.
* Telephone liaison with customers, taking courier bookings, calculating quotes and advising ETA's
* Dispatching drivers to make collections and deliveries - ensuring driver fully aware of customer requirements
* Enter details of deliveries and collections onto internal transport management system.
* Monitoring job / driver progress via GPS tracking
* Processing information to enable invoice production.
* Overseeing fleet maintenance including service and breakdowns / accidents.
* Ensuring that vehicles and drivers are operating effectively and profitably.
* Managing all self-employed drivers job allocation and negotiating payments
* Routing of deliveries and collections
* Receiving and distributing keys to drivers at the start and end of shift
* Working with all team members as necessary.
Skills and experience required
* Transport experience
* Time & Organisational Management
* Strong Customer Focus
* Able to work varying shifts
* Ability to build effective client relationships
* Geographical Knowledge
* Strong IT Skills
* Proactivity & self-motivation
* Ability to work calmly under pressure
* Flexibility -24/7 operation
* Excellent Communication Skills
This position should be undertaken in a professional manner. The duties listed are not exhaustive. Additional hours of work may be required, as determined by the needs of the business.
Our client offers a 24/7 and therefore shift patterns/rotas will cover all 7 days in a week. All employees should be prepared to work shifts covering any 5 days out of 7 in a week.
You will be required to be available to perform other duties from time to time and to assist in other areas of the business as dictated by temporary situations or needs.