Support Worker - Supported Lodgings
POSITION: Support Worker - Supported Lodgings
REPORT TO: Supported Lodgings Coordinator
LOCATION: Initially based in Birmingham, but working across Coventry, Solihull and Birmingham
SALARY: Scale 5, Points 22 - 25 , £19,370 - £21,244, per annum, pro rata
HOURS: 37.5 Hours Per Week (Full Time)
CLOSING DATE: 12pm - Monday 7th August 2017
The Supported Lodgings scheme helps to prevent youth homelessness by placing young people with host families. The supported lodgings worker will play a key role in the service by providing a high quality support to young people at risk of homelessness to enable them to develop their skills, confidence and opportunities and make a successful transition to adulthood.
The Supported Lodgings Support Worker will work across three areas: Coventry, Solihull and Birmingham.
The successful candidate should ideally have:
- Able to understand the difference between friendship and support.
- Able to work at other sites as required.
- Able to prioritise own work, and respond to changing or conflicting deadlines.
- Able to maintain accurate records, both written and electronic.
- Able to use Microsoft Office Suite to send and receive emails, read and input information onto spreadsheets, wordprocess, etc.
- Up to date knowledge of welfare rights, resources etc.
- Experience of working with young people in the following settings: Youth Work, Residential or Social Work, Probation/Criminal Justice, Community Work, Education and Training, Housing or Support Work.
Please note: CVs or handwritten applications are not accepted.
St Basils is committed to a policy of ensuring equality of opportunity in employment for all, and to taking action to avoid discrimination.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our vacancies.