Contract Software Development Manager- 6 month contract
Contract Software Development Manager- Hereford - 6 month contract £550-£650 per day
This role will require someone with a very strong character to be able to manage and run teams as well as internal and external customers. PLEASE NOTE: this is not a Project or Programme Manager role
• Providing strong leadership to the Development / Test and Agile
functions, ensuring delivery is aligned to business expectation, and working closely with Programme, Portfolio and Product management to set that expectation with the Development team
• Lead the continuous delivery of products and services to quality, time and to budget
• Work closely with product management, product owners and business analysts, to understand product roadmaps and requirements to deliver against functional commitments and non-functional needs
• To be able to set up and work with 3rd party development and test teams
• Manage product development within the software development and release lifecycle exploiting both Agile and Waterfall development methods where applicable
• Measure and improve the performance of product development teams to exceed quality, velocity, risk and compliance of product development practice
• Ensures adoption of Product Development Lifecycle, with a strong discipline of risk management and documentation of the lifecycle
• Responsible for resourcing strategies and creation of business cases to support the department. Managing and driving change within own function and across other impacted areas where required
• Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business
• Work closely with the Project Management and IT Operations team to ensure successful, timely and quality releases are delivered into the live environment
• Responsibility for the management and control of departmental budgets
• Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally
• In-depth knowledge of own specialism and is recognised as an expert across the organisation
• Define and work within agreed SLA, OLA and KPI’s within team and to customers both internal and external to the company
• Manages the development, implementation and enhancement of policies, processes and procedures that affect the organisation's short and long term goals and strategies
• Review and assess training and development needs of department.
• Ensure policies, procedures and compliance systems are adhered to within the department.
• Identify areas for improvement in requirements, design, testing, implementation and maintenance performed by colleagues and feed back to Stakeholders.
• Motivates individuals, team and department to achieve deadlines and goals, mentoring, directing and coaching where necessary.
• Committed to continuous improvement of self, team and company.
• Review and follow departmental strategy.
• Establish and implement an appropriate department structure
• Establish and maintain software development and testing roadmaps.
• Contribute into Technology and IT Strategy and ensure deliverables are met.
• Input into Corporate and Business Strategy where required.
6. ADDITIONAL KEY DUTIES
• Perform Security Audits of software to ensure compliance and safety.
• Assist as required with departmental administrative tasks.
• Prepare monitor and manage departmental budget.
• Active member of the QIS Forum.
• Active member of CAB.
• Where necessary take on the responsibility of Incident Manager
• Provide support to colleagues through mentoring and guide on best practice and continuous improvement.
• Undertake tasks and duties as may be required from time to time as deemed necessary to meet company or departmental needs.
• Deliver World class customer service to all internal and external customers.
• Deliver Ensure appropriate levels of test automation are you at all levels of an the development lifecycle application to reduce risk and improve efficiency.
• Pro-actively manager good and poor performance of all team members.
• Foster a culture of resourcefulness, positivity and collaboration between teams and break down any barriers between Development and IT Operations.
• Work closely with the Head of IT Operations to achieve a Dev Ops capability.
• Ensure a culture of escalation by exception and ensure delegation and accountability is embraced in the department