iRecruit Specialist are recruiting for a Business Analyst who has strong understanding of Change Transformation and Business Strategy. Based in Birmingham you will be reporting to the Head of Business Analysis.
Responsible for identifying change business needs, assessing the impact of the change, capturing and documenting requirements and then ensuring that those requirements are delivered by the relevant teams whilst supporting the business through the implementation process.
With a clear understanding of the business strategy and vision, ensure that quality outputs (options and recommendations) are presented that are innovative and efficient and take the strategy goals and objectives into consideration.
· Responsible for understanding existing and facilitating the agreement of new business processes and detailed requirements.
· Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
· Identify and define the scope of the business analysis elements within assigned project(s) and assist the project manager in planning these activities, working with the relevant parties to provide an estimate of the effort/time/cost (S/M/L) required and any dependencies.
· Ensure that stated requirements are realistic and are aligned to the overall strategic goals and objective
· Manage outsourced analysis activities, ensuring value for money and fit for purpose delivery
· Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs. Prioritising requirements.
· Seek out and tackle issues that will prevent the delivery of business benefits, facilitating open communication and discussion between stakeholders.
· Undertake research on relevant technologies to identify software that will drive efficiencies.
· Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artefacts as needed: Functional Requirements, Business Requirements, Gap Analysis, Use Cases and GUI/Screen/Interface designs.
· Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
· Apply a standard business analysis approach for projects and ensure that this is performed according to agreed scope and plans.
· Requirements identifier and clarifier: bridging the gap between business user and technical design/development teams.
· Produce terms of reference for each business analysis work package
· Ensure that business change is delivered within the agreed scope.
· Work collaboratively with business functions to proactively review and improve internal business processes, managing the accepted introduction of change.
· Perform peer reviews on all business analysis activities and deliverables, ensuring adherence of requirement specifications and process designs to both the methodology and the pre-defined generic processes, requirements and design constraints.
· Ensure the traceability of requirements throughout project lifecycles
· Provide input to requirement reviews at a programme level to ensure consistency
· Work with relevant areas of the business to design and deliver significant change including Operations, Project/Programme Managers and IT.
Key Performance Indicators
Support the delivery of projects and programmes and their milestones, on time, in budget and meeting business needs
Deliver major process re-engineering
Successfully identify best fit (cost and usability) solutions (e.g. technology) that is selected and implemented
Peer review feedback and assessment
Business Sponsor and Subject Matter Experts feedback
An autonomous self-starter with the ability to show initiative and work without supervision.
Excellent communication skills
Managing difficult conversations and difficult decisions
Proactive, thinks ahead and takes steps to avert problems.
Prepares for discussions and collaborates with others.
Tenacious when dealing with setbacks; sees things through.
Ability to understand complex processes and system interactions, as well as their implications.
Confidence in questioning assumptions in a collaborative/consultative manner, and the ability to get to root cause.
Ability to understand, explain and present complex business problems, at all levels of the organisation, in a persuasive and convincing manner.
Ability to deliver under pressure, to tight timescales, coping with changing priorities.
· Holds a relevant professional body qualification/accreditation BCS Business Analysis Qualification (e.g. ITIL, Prince2, and Six Sigma).
· Experience of scoping analysis activities with a proven track record of deadlines within budget.
· Analytical and requirements gathering skills: skilled in working with business users to extract business and functional requirements using techniques such as interactive design sessions, SME Interviews, and requirements workshops.
· Experienced user of process modelling tools (e.g. Microsoft Visio).
· Significant experience in business or systems/technical or process analysis.
· Client facing experience.
· Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture.
· Experience of Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN).
· Experience of process improvement and business process re-engineering.