A qualified Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer is required on a rotating shift basis by a manufacturing organisation specialising in carpeting prime residences, iconic buildings of national and historic interest as well as many of the world`s leading luxury hotels, cruise ships, gaming and leisure venues.
Reporting to the Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Team Leaders, the successful Maintenance Engineer will support the Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Co-ordinators in ensuring the safe and efficient day to day operation and maintenance of all plant and equipment.
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of all site plant and equipment.
- Realise Planned Preventative Maintenance Schedules.
- Assist in the achievement of specific cost, productivity, quality, performance and health and safety targets.
- As part of a business unit, achieve (and better) set machinery performance targets.
- Ensure that continuous improvement, action focus and team working become integrated into the work culture.
- As a key member of the engineering function, develop, engineering skills.
- Resource planning.
- Controlling material requirements.
- Participate in performance reviews.
- Ensure that shift cover is achieved by liaising with the engineering Team Leaders in line with production / engineering requirements taking into account situations such as; Absenteeism, Holidays, Training.
- Any other duties directed by your line manager/s and commensurate with grading.
The successful Maintenance Engineer will demonstrate:
- Qualifications in Electrical engineering including 17th edition regulations.
- Qualifications in Mechanical Engineering. e.g. HNC/ HND
- Electrical skills such as: Panel wiring, installation, machinery fault finding etc.
- Mechanical skills such as: Welding, bench fitting, machine fitting, hydraulics, pneumatics etc.
- CPD within the last 5 years
- Team player, able to develop and motivate teams.
- Good verbal and written communicator.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent analytical, numerical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to organise and prioritise a demanding workload.
- Experience of operating and maintaining manufacturing equipment.
- Good basic education e.g. numerate and literate, GCSE or Equivalent qualification.
- Recognised appropriate trade status.
- Manufacturing Process Equipment.
Maintenance Engineer - Mechanical/Electrical 3 rotating shifts: days, afternoons and nights
Excellent Salary + Shift Allowance + benefits