Care Assistants HCA
Newcross Healthcare has several flexible vacancies for experienced Care Assistant to work full or part time hours in the Telford and/or Shifnal areas through our local Shrewsbury branch.The Position:
Through your promotion of independence, you will encourage and support clients in their day-to-day lives, enabling them to live more fulfilling lives. This could include a range of tasks and activities such as personal care, domestic tasks and general activities that allow that individual to live their life in the way they choose. It is essential that you are able to work in a kind, compassionate and professional manner, putting the service user at the center of all you do.
We offer care to clients in a variety of environments including care homes, nursing homes and supported living, so it’s essential you have experience in at least one of these settings. Experience of caring for those with dementia is highly desirable.
This is a permanent vacancy with the flexibility to work short or long day shifts, nights or weekends or a combination of these. You can vary your rota during term time to accommodate a child’s school routine or you can work shifts that fit your off-duty rota, it’s your choice.
If you are a dedicated and passionate individual that takes pride in providing the very best possible care that enhances the wellbeing and quality of life of every individual you care for, we want to hear from you.Newcross Perks:
- Salary of up to £11.96/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Local line manager and branch support team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Up-to-date moving and handling training
- An NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care (highly preferable)
Treating our staff well is at the centre of what we do. At Newcross we hire permanent staff, and with over 200 training courses on offer, we help them develop. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income.The Company:
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is an independent, family-run organisation dedicated to providing quality temporary staffing to hospitals, care homes and nursing homes in the UK. Because of our reputation as a great employer, we attract highly skilled healthcare professionals with care expertise ranging from paediatric nurses to carers for adults with learning disabilities. In our 21 years’ experience, we have created a recruitment system that ensures that we only hire the best people.The Local Branch:
Our Shrewsbury branch opened in June 2014 and is located in Shrewsbury Business Park near the River Severn, so we're ideally placed to provide the Newcross standard of care to clients throughout Shropshire.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75207286