Lead Team Managers
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
The good news is that our continued success and business growth has opened up a number of fantastic opportunities for enthusiastic, ambitious and engaging individuals to join our teams in the role of Lead Team Manager. We are recruiting these roles to join our successful Screwfix contract at both our existing site at Stafford, and our new site due to open November 2017 in Lichfield (Fradley Park).
Screwfix (part of the Kingfisher group) have over 500 Trade Counters as well as a full ecommerce next day service. We operate over 2m sq ft of warehousing and have 2,500 colleagues and 350 trailers dedicated to the contract. Fulfilling multi-channel solutions designed around the customer experience, the growth of the Screwfix business has been 14% year on year.
Both the Stafford and Lichfield site will provide seamless replenishment of over 3 million units per week to the Trade Counter retail network.
This challenging role will be the perfect opportunity to join either an established or start up team with a customer that continues to realise its ambitious growthRole Profile
- Responsible for ensuring the site works within legislative requirements, taking account of health & safety at all times
- Responsible for the day to day management, initial and ongoing development and motivation of a team of Warehouse Team Managers and their teams, ensuring that they consistently meet productivity and quality objectives
- Ensure all working procedures are clearly defined and cascaded, with regular reviews to ensure effectiveness
- Must be proactive in seeking improvements in process/methods of operating
- Responsible for the achievement of Key Performance Indicators and delivering a high level of on time, in full, customer service
- Identifying key initiatives to drive service improvements and cost savings
- Ensure the delivery of effective communication and staff engagement plans
- Must be able to demonstrate strong leadership behaviours
- Have strong project and change management skills with quantifiable results
- Must have relevant and demonstrable management experience in a high volume, service driven operation
- Will have excellent team building and motivational skills
- Experience of working in an automated environment would be advantageous
- The ideal candidate should have working knowledge of the interaction between their own department and other key functions such as Stock and Systems, HR and Finance
- Flexibility to be able to support all shift patterns is essential as part of your development and to support a fast paced, changing operation
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a free fully fitted gymnasium, company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
The role provides an excellent opportunity to join a high profile and challenging contract.
If you are passionate about making a difference, creative in your style of management, and have a strong belief in engagement of staff, please submit your CV online.
Closing date: 9th August 2017.
Internal Applicants: Please inform your manager if you wish to apply for this position.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75249726