Permanent (36 Hrs p/w)
Up to £23,000 + 24 days Holiday + Pension + Flexible Benefits
Babcock Education has a requirement for a Conference Executive. Post holder is responsible for event management and logistics co-ordination to enable Babcock to deliver high quality conferences across a range of venues in Worcestershire and neighbouring counties, thereby meeting its business targets. Role ideally suited to highly organised candidates, with excellent project management and strong communication skills, either with some experience of event planning or someone looking to expand their skills in a customer-facing role.
Babcock Education is the largest integrated education support service provider in the UK. Awarded 'Education Business of the Year’ in 2012, we employ over 600 education experts providing consultancy, training and management services to over 700 schools and academies in 50 local authorities. Babcock Education combines the best commercial practice with the values and principles of the public sector, working with schools, extended services, local authorities, colleges, settings, government departments and agencies to improve the life chances of children and young people. Our long term strategic partnerships enable learners, teachers and communities to fulfil their potential through world-class education.
Major Tasks and Activities:
- Production and delivery of annual programme of CPD conferences / CPD masterclasses in conjunction with Traded Sales Manager and Conference Team;
- Implement the event planning and take ownership of all event management logistics (budget / exhibition / content / marketing / onsite management / venue / badges / delegate packs / post event follow up);
- Conduct research across education landscape;
- Build and maintain good internal and external relationships;
- Support identification, hiring and liaison with keynote conference speakers.
Key Technical Skills / Competencies:
- Excellent project management and planning skills
- Strong communicator
- Ability to carry out research and draw information together
- Ability to manage meetings
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Budget management support, reporting to Conference Producer
- Understanding of social media to support event planning and marketing
- Understanding of quality standards
- Must have full UK driving license and be prepared to travel
- Interest in or knowledge of the conference and training industry and how events are run, managed.
- Knowledge of what makes events successful
- Project management and planning experience
- Some understanding and knowledge of the educational landscape
- Degree level or equivalent
Please note all CVs will be considered an expression of interest and an application pack will be sent out as per process.
Close Date: Thursday 24th August 2017
Babcock is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.’
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Due to the high level of response we normally receive, if you have not heard from us within 6 weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.