SAS Analysts x 2
£42,000 - £48,000 + 10% Completion Bonus & Pension
Based Wythall, South Birmingham (B47)
6 Months Fixed Term Contract
Closing date: 10 August 2017 at midnight
To ensure that all bonus data and Customer Management Information is accurate, timely and fit for purpose and that reporting requirements are adhered to. Manage the delivery of Business As Usual (BAU) processes, implementation of new SAS developments and continuous improvement to the efficiency of processes and controls. Manage relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally in support of the management of Customer Data and MI Reporting. We are looking for 2 SAS Analysts for 6-month fixed term contracts.
The Role specifics:
This role is ideal for a SAS based professional looking to work with key stakeholders across an organisation and deliver clear solutions to complex queries. Day to day responsibilities include:
- Supporting the maintenance and enhancement of all SAS data and reporting processes, including With Profit Bonus Models, Customer Reporting MI and Data Extracts
- Actively managing stakeholders to ensure timely provision of appropriate information and planning delivery of change to meet the requirements of the wider Customer Teams
- Responding to challenge from stakeholders on data delivery and reports and owning resolution of queries
- Acting as the technical lead for development activity, taking responsibility for quality and adherence to development principles/standards
- Adhering to the agreed and appropriate standards for technical specifications, development work and operational tasks
- Understanding and adhering to the Customer MI Reporting Data Principles
- Production of technical specifications to support the design of new data and reporting requirements
- Testing of development changes in a specified and controlled environment
- Owning the Transition and Embedding of developments into the BAU cycle
- Ensuring Risk and Control fixes are implemented into the BAU process
- Actively liaising with IT should issues arise with regard to environment, disaster recovery etc.
What we are looking for:
- Experienced SAS programming skills (v9 or higher)
- A degree in a maths related subject is desirable
- Ability to manage the expectations of stakeholders across multiple processes and functions and manage the prioritisation of workloads accordingly
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical concepts via written reports
- Excel, Access, MS Visio
- Strong background & knowledge of data management
- Proven data analysis experience within a financial services context
- Experience and understanding of the development lifecycle.
We value our employees highly and have been Britain's Top Employer for the last six consecutive years and are a member of the FTSE 250 index. We put people first in everything we do and are always looking for new professionals to join our talented team. Our funds are closed, enabling us to focus on areas that other businesses can't. This means that, among the many benefits of working at Phoenix, our staff can enjoy exposure to a diverse workload not found elsewhere. Our amazing facilities at Wythall offer free lunches at our onsite restaurant, nature trail walk, putting green, free car parking, subsidised onsite sport facilities including gym, football & cricket pitches, tennis courts, excellent rewards schemes…we could go on! We're proud of what we do, and we've recently gained recognition for our distinctive business model. We offer excellent training opportunities, career development and company culture.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Thursday 10th August 2017.