An excellent opportunity has arisen for a part time Bookkeeper to join a family run business based in Nuneaton. In return, we offer a competitive hourly pay rate between £11-£15 per hour depending on experience and skills, a 12 month pay review, profit share bonus, Christmas bonus, flexible holiday and additional paid holiday over Christmas (2-5 days) and optional company pension scheme.
We are a family run, SSAIB approved, electrical security business established over 28 years ago. Our successful business development is based upon the ability to be flexible in implementing our customers’ requirements in a timely manner, which has resulted in the majority of the work we do being repeat business or thanks to a recommendation.
The Bookkeeper will join an ever-growing team and will be responsible for supporting the daily financial needs of the business in dealing with all financial related issues.
The role will involve bookkeeping tasks including:
- Managing the purchase ledger, remittance and payments to suppliers
- Working with our accountants to produce weekly/monthly payroll
- Process and file supplier invoices
- Reconcile bank/company credit cards
- Manage VAT returns
- Process absence forms and holiday request forms
- Reviewing specific job costings
- Controlling costs/overheads
- Maintaining a great working relationship with our suppliers
- Produce detailed financial reports for the office Manager/MD monthly
- Maintain budgets on Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Manage daily invoicing of installation jobs
- Manage Sales ledger when required (to cover holidays/absence)
- Constant review and improvement of the existing processes/systems
The successful Bookkeeper will have:
- A wealth of knowledge & experience in Sage Line 50 including the use of advanced reporting features
- Great Microsoft excel skills and use of formulas in budgets
- Great IT skills and accurate typing skills
- A great telephone manner and confidence in speaking to a variety of customers/suppliers
- Confidence to take ownership of any problems or issues until they are resolved
- Excellent attention to detail. enthusiasm to solve problems and a ‘can do’ attitude
It is essential applicants have no criminal records and will be willing to go through a security screening process including a PNC & CRB check.
The hours of work will be a minimum of 21 hours over 3 days. We are flexible re hours which will be between 08:30-18:00, Monday-Friday. Additional hours possibly available going forward.
The closing date is Friday 11th August.
Please apply online to be considered for the Bookkeeper role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75137886