Senior Advisor - Debt and Collections
ROLE Profile SUMMARY
Job Title: Senior Advisor - Debt and Collections
Line Manager: Internal Debt Manager
The role of the Senior Collections Advisor is vital to the Team, supporting the Team Manager in all aspects of Management. You will provide floor support to the team, conduct Compliance and Quality scoring, and provide coaching to multiple Collections Advisor's. You will also be fully accountable for the team in your manager’s absence. You will use your skills and experience to encourage our advisor's to maximise the recovery of debt to minimise bad debt charge and write off through the delivery of exceptional customer service.
The Senior Collection Advisor will support all of our Collections Advisor's to utilise all available systems to resolve all Debt Related queries and look to complete with a first time resolution. Understanding customer's level of satisfaction is a key element of the role.
- Good working knowledge of the Extra energy business and processes
- Detailed knowledge of Account Plus
- Providing floor support to teams of approximately 16 Collection Advisors
- Supporting the Team Manager with all aspects of managing and leading the team
- Dealing with and resolving escalated customer complaints
- To manage customer enquiries by applying a first call resolution plan to each call.
- To create accurate records containing all relevant information to enable requests to be resolved to the timelines and standards required.
- To enhance the customer experience by exceeding their expectations and delivering solutions in a customer focused and timely manner.
- To achieve call handling targets and standards at all times, providing a professional and knowledgeable approach.
- To provide support
- To accurately record all information to Extraenergy and DPA requirements.
- To monitor, action and escalate any issues as appropriate and ensure customers are kept informed of the status of their enquiry.
- To develop and maintain a good understanding of the systems, and processes available to ensure an excellent customer experience.
- To identify and apply opportunities to develop and improve skills, seeking assistance to acquire new skills and maintaining a record of own development and call observations.
- To be prepared to work within any area of the Collections team, projects and initiatives at short notice to support the changing needs of the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Essential Functional Skills/Experience
- Strong experience of supervising and coaching others
- Flexibility to be able to work within a developing and demanding customer focussed environment.
- Experience of working in a Utility company desirable but not essential.
- Experience within a Customer Service or Collections Team, ideally within a call centre environment preferred Inbound and outbound call handing preferred, including working to targets.
- Handling resolution of complaints desirable.
- Computer literate, particularly in MS Office and/or service request software
- Strong communication skills, particularly verbal.
- Ability to listen attentively, identifying important information and capture that data accurately.
- Problem solving and flexibility.