Transport Shift Leader
A market leading logistics business is looking for a Transport Shift Leader in the Warwickshire area
The Transport Shift Leader will be reporting to the Senior Manager of European Transportation and will be responsible for overseeing the 2nd shift outbound operation. This role monitors departmental results and works with the 1st shift Transportation Supervisor to drive changes in procedures, resources, and short-term strategies to improve hub operations performance. This position provides direction ensuring the team is effectively managing the flow of all brand's merchandise in and out of the campus and meeting the service expectations of the 3PL network.
This role is also responsible for tracking inbound on time performance, in conjunction with the 1st shift team and tracking to the daily plan.
The ideal candidate for Transport Shift Leader will have the following skills and experience:
- Significant management experience within 3rd party Logistics/Transportation discipline essential
- Demonstrable experience of operational and service performance management
- Three to Five years of progressive responsibility within 3rd party Logistics/Transportation discipline essential
- Experience of leading others at Supervisor level
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Strong Relationship/ Performance management experience
- Flexible to work non-traditional hours (shift, weekend, on-call/off-hours support, and holidays) to support 24x7 operations
- Flexible to adjust hours/schedule on short-notice (same day/weekend) to support unplanned issue resolution
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75231642