Permanent Roamer Driver Required For The Black Country
Permanent position commencing July 2017
Are you looking to expand your skill-set with one of our prestigious contracts?
If you enjoy a varied workload and would prefer to work Monday-Saturday, then this could be the next career move for you! Sunday and Bank Holiday overtime maybe available if desired.
In return, the company will pay you £10 per hour (Class 2) or £11 per hour (Class 1) as you would be paid for the licence that you hold, rather than the vehicle that you would be driving.
Drivers are rewarded for having a professional work ethic. Ideally, applicants will have experience as a Ready-Mix Driver/Tipper Driver. However, this is not essential, each application will be handled on a case by case basis.
Drivers will receive 28 days Annual Leave (including statutory public holidays). Annual Leave will be increased by one day for every year's service, up to 5 years. A total of 33 days Annual Leave is available to Drivers.
In this role you will be required to:
- Be flexible to work at multiple sites around the Black Country (successful applicants will be classed as Roamer Drivers)
- Deliver Ready Mix Concrete to various sites
- Work to your own initiative
- Adhere to Company policies during each working day
- Actively engage in continuous improvement, ensuring that suggestions and opportunities are highlighted to line managers
- Demonstrate commitment to the core values of the company
- Utilised on other contracts to meet demands (full training would be provided should this happen)
- Spend nights away from home in your vehicle when the business requires you to. £25.00 is paid for each night spent away from home.
- Work a minimum of 40 hours per week. You can expect to work an average of 50-60 hours per week.
- Hold a Class One or a Class 2 licence with a minimum of 12 months commercial driving experience
You will be:
- Passionate about delivering excellence
- Allocated your own company van, allowing you to travel to various sites
- Assigned your own brand new high specification Ready Mix vehicle which is of FORS gold standard
- Paid for the licence that you hold: £10 per hour Class 2 and £11 per hour Class 1
- Confident, engaging, polite and friendly
- Provided with adequate PPE equipment
- Understanding, calm, professional and a team player
- Paid monthly on the 25th of each month
- Paid for the full duration of your training period
- Enrolled into an advantageous pension scheme
- Provided with a company phone and GPS system
To be considered for this role, applicants must have a minimum of 12 months UK Commercial Driving Experience
If you are interested in this role or would like further information, please call Katy Perry on
You can also email your current CV to