Logistics Supervisor - Nights
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Logistics Supervisor to join a well-established manufacturing company based in Rugby. In return, we offer a competitive salary of £29500 per annum plus workplace pension provision and uniform.
With over 50 years of manufacturing experience with state-of-the art technology, we are well known within the automotive sector for manufacturing parts for the original Mini. From these origins supplying the car industry, we have built a solid reputation for developing heat and sound solutions across a range of sectors, including automotive, marine commercial and industrial. As a company, we have grown rapidly over the past few years and are moving into new sectors such as interior design and construction.
The Logistics Supervisor will report to the MP&L Manager, ensuring the team deliver customer excellence to internal and external customers whilst maintaining safe working practices.
The Logistics Supervisor’s role will involve:
- Responsibility for the Warehouse and Logistics Team Leader and Team Members
- Responsible for shift start up
- Cover for the Logistics Manager
- Becoming a Health and Safety Committee member
- Ensuring the following activities are completed correctly taking into account Quality, Cost and Delivery performance: deliveries out with all relevant paperwork, stock control, logistics equipment, training of team members in line with training matrix to support the Factory Trainer, assist HR in staff related matters, schedules, customer contact for despatch, supplier contact for goods in, goods in control and NPI team member
- Ensuring Health & Safety practices are carried out at all times
- Reporting all near misses and accidents as per written procedures
The successful Logistics Supervisor will have:
- Experience in LEAN and/or 5S processes
- Competency to run all processes
- Strong leadership skills
The hours of work are 42.5 per week, including a 30-minute handover from PM Shift, 21:30-06:00, Sunday evening to Thursday evening.
The closing date is Noon on Friday 11th August 2017 and interviews will be held on Tuesday 29th August 2017.
If you are interested in applying for this Logistics Supervisor role, please apply online or to with an up to date CV together with a covering letter detailing why you consider yourself the best candidate.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75234255