We’re looking for a friendly, people-focused Catering Manager to join our team at Croft Castle and manage our popular Carpenters Tearoom. In this role you’ll champion the use of local produce and serving outstanding food. You’ll manage and develop your team and lead them to consistently deliver excellent customer service.
What it's like to work here
Located in the cultural and spiritual hinterland of the Marches, Croft Castle is a late seventeenth-century manor house with fine Georgian interiors and a family connection dating back almost 1,000 years.
Very popular with visitors our Carpenters Tearoom serves breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea everyday. With a menu of seasonal hot and cold lunches using seasonal ingredients from our gardens and an irresistible choice of freshly made cakes and desserts we attract 75,000 visitors to our tearoom a year.
Open 7 days a week and with an annual turnover in excess of £300,000 our catering team work hard in this busy tearoom and are always looking for ways to delight our visitors and exceed their expectations.
What you'll be doing
You’ll know everything there is to know about great catering with the experience and the catering management skills to prove it. You’re used to working with people of all ages and backgrounds and you love the buzz of being at the heart of a busy catering environment. This role will involve working to the national Cookbook, where recipes will be followed to produce outstanding dishes using locally based produce.
As the Catering Manager your role is to provide leadership and support to your team. You’ll lead by example with excellent customer service and in maintaining high standards of presentation to make sure our tearoom is safe and a place people want to visit. A proportion of the role will also involve working in the back office, using our modern computer systems.
Leading the catering operation at Croft Castle you’ll be an inspiring leader and with your commercial acumen you’ll ensure that we are operating at our best and maximising all income opportunities to help fund the conservation of our property.
Who we're looking for
In order to be successful in the role you’ll need to have:
- Experience as a leader of people, managing teams of regular staff, seasonal staff and volunteers
- The ability to inspire your teams to deliver the best service possible
- The ability to identify new opportunities and make strategic decisions for the future of your department
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with other Heads of Department at the property
- Excellent people management skills.
- Experience of working with financial budgets, as well as financial targets to meet
- Experience supervising teams - rota’s, managing absence, giving feedback
- Competent with the use of computer systems
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking