Carers for Special Needs - Self Employed
SPECIAL NEEDS SITTERS IN BIRMINGHAM, SOLIHULL, SANDWELL, WALSALL WOLVERHAMPTON
The need for your specialist skill set is growing with the aging population, along with children and adults with disabilities seeking the support they need to maximise their independence and create respite time for their carers and parents.
This Sitting work is flexible work, that can be done around existing jobs and or study commitments. You can work across a number of clients for part or full time hours. A good option for school hours.
Rate of pay is negotiable, as you will be directly employed by the person or family you will be supporting. Usually starting from £8.50 per hour as a minimum according to level of support required.
There is a particular need for before and after school availability, as well as evenings, weekends and school or college holidays for children and young people.
Please apply with your CV and stand by to complete our formal application form, a link to which we will send you if you have been successful.
If you want to be your own boss in 2017 with flexible work opportunities utilising your existing skills and experience with good rates of pay apply now online.
We are a bespoke Sitter led respite and support service for children with special needs and adults with additional needs.
We are looking for Sitters who want support to earn more for their time than usual, by working on a self-employed basis.
Requirements for this position
- We are looking for dynamic and motivated individuals who can demonstrate they have a specific desire to work for themselves instead of being employed through care agencies, providing direct support to children with special needs and adults with additional needs
- You understand you are not an employee of Stars Sitting Service, instead you will be supported to become self-employed therefore responsible for your own tax and NI contributions.
- We will be marketing your availability to our clients that need your specialist skills and experience. There is no hidden agency, registration fees or commissions payable. We are a platform where those who need your skills as a Sitter can find and access you, fully vetted and ready to work.
To be shortlisted for interview you will need to meet the following criteria in full without exception:
- Be willing to become self-employed with our support or already be. You will be fully guided by us how to achieve this if required. We have negotiated a favourable payment option with a market leading Home Employment Insurance specialist to get you the indemnity cover you will require to ensure you're appropriately insured
- You will have an Enhanced DBS Disclosure dated within last 12 weeks or registered with the DBS Update Service. If not, you will need to apply and pay for one to be processed
- A minimum of 6 months experience of supporting a child with special needs or adult with additional needs. This can be through paid, voluntary work or work placements if you are a student
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- Two professional references, one must be from your current, previous employer or place of study
We look forward to working with you on your journey to independence and earning what you are worth!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75269625