Head of Financial Accounting (Interim or Fixed Term)
Aventis Solutions is working in partnership with an acute trust in the Midlands to appoint an interim Head of Financial Accounting to start in September. Band 8a rate caps apply.
The successful candidate will have overall management of the Financial Services and Accounting teams with responsibility for the day to day management, ensuring the integrity and accuracy of all income.
You will ensure that statutory NHS accounts and quarterly monitoring reports relating to the Statement of Position and the Cash Flow statement are prepared and submitted in line with legal requirements and agreed timetables.
You will act as the Trust’s lead officer for all Financial Services, Accounting and VAT matters, ensuring that all regulations are complied with. You will be expected to negotiate with Monitor and external auditors on highly complex financial issues, and advise senior management accordingly.
The post holder will work in accordance with:
- The Trust’s Standing Financial Instructions, internal office procedures and statutory obligations ensuring the Trust complies with Public Sector Payment Policy.
- The Charity Commissioners accounting guidelines, Charities SORP and DOH manual of accounts for Charitable Funds
- The Annual Reporting Manual (ARM) and International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS’s) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- The Financial timetable and deadlines set by the Director of Finance, working autonomously wherever possible.
- Recommended staffing levels to cover the Financial Services and Accounting functions.
- Current VAT legislation.
- Liaises with Trust Board Members, Consultants, Senior Managers, Finance and Other Staff, Suppliers, Patients, Members of the Public other NHS Bodies, Internal and external Auditors, Other Government Bodies and the Charity Commission.
Experience of working for an NHS Provider organisation is essential for this assignment.
Interviews for the position will be held week commecing 7th August.