Geotechnical Design Engineer
Geotechnical design engineer, Utilities business division
Location - Birmingham
Previous experience of working with a consultancy
This business has a requirement for an experienced Geotechnical design engineer who has practical geotechnical work and design experience, to join the hugely successful and growing Geo-sciences business predominately working within the Utilities, Highways and Rail sectors, but also working on a wide portfolio of schemes throughout the UK.
An exciting position has arisen for an experienced Geotechnical Engineer who has practical geotechnical work and design experience, who will assist in the already significant growth of the Geosciences business, predominately working within the Utilities, Highways and Rail sectors.
- MEng in Civil Engineering with a Geotechnical bias
- Working towards or already Chartered Civil Engineer (MICE)
- Proven experience on multi-disciplinary projects preferably in the UK
- Detailed geotechnical design experience including foundations, retaining walls and slope stability assessments
- Experience in earthworks design, specification and implementation
- Post graduate experience in most aspects of projects, including planning, supervising and designing elements of a project together with examples of applying standards and technical knowledge in projects
- Experience in ground investigation design and implementation
- Experience in the use of routine geotechnical design programs such as VDISP, WALLAP, SLIDE and SlopeW
- Ability to work within large multi-disciplinary engineering teams
- Full, valid driving license
- Experience with geotechnical finite element analysis modelling (PLAXIS) would be a distinct advantage
This is a unique opportunity with one of the industry's most recognised Geotech and Environmental businesses. In this role, you will be accountable for managing components of projects, working in collaboration with other design disciplines and providing technical inputs to projects. The role will involve building relationships with clients, controlling commercial aspects of projects together with assisting and participating in developing team members to their full potential.
- Assisting with selected projects and subcontractors / sub-consultants,
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Production of analysis and design and ensuring compliance in the components of the project for which you have responsibility, including drawings, reports, specifications and studies
This business offers a fantastic working environment and CPD opportunities.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75243389