Head of Sales
"An exciting opportunity has arisen for a National Sales Manager/Head of Sales to join a UK leading supplier of Sportswear and Sports Equipment"
Head of Sales, National Sales Manager - Sportswear, Team Wear, Sports Equipment
Location: Worcester, Walsall, Midlands, Sheffield, Hull, Wakefield, Cheshire, Manchester, Nottingham, Redditch, Milton Keynes, Cambridge, Derby, Chesterfield, Doncaster, Bradford, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, M62 Corridor, M4 Corridor
£40,000 - £45,000 + Rewarding Bonus Scheme + Car, + Pension + Health + Mobile Phone + Laptop +
The Client :-
Our client is a leading supplier of sports and leisure equipment and sports team wear. Established over 20 years and with a turnover of CIRCA £8 million they supply their products in to Local Authorities, Schools, Colleges, Fitness & Leisure companies, & sport/professional club sectors. They offer an impressive range of over 4000 products from leading brand names in the sport equipment and team wear. They also offer own brand products and equipment which offer the customer exceptional quality and value for money. They also believe it is important to not only offer customers a high quality product, but an extensive and focused product range coupled with exceptional service. Having their own in house garment printing facility it enables them to offer customers a one-stop shop for all their sporting requirements.
Located in the West Midlands they are ideally situated to supply goods to customers UK Nationally.
Due to strategic expansion within their business they now seek to appoint an experience sales professional from within the sportswear, team wear, sports equipment market place that has experience managing a team for their Head of Sales opportunity
- Must be based ideally within 2 hours commute of their offices in the Midlands
- Have experience in the Sportswear, Team Wear or Sports Equipment market place
- The role involves managing and mentoring managing a small team of direct reports so the preferred candidate will have had current or previous experience managing people
- Experience selling sportswear or equipment into the education sector is preferred
- When required you need to be able to attend the offices in the Midlands (typically 3-4 times per month)
- Your remit will be develop new enquiries and sales into independent Schools and grow existing accounts (typically 70% new business and 30% account development) attend head office when needed, support and develop the account managers and attend appointment with them where necessary, Report trends and competitor activity directly to the Managing Director, create sales and marketing strategies to ensure continue growth within existing accounts and develop new business
- Manage client relationship through regular calls personally and with the direct reports and promote new products to existing customers
- Full current driving license with no more than 6 endorsements
- Ambitious, self-motivated and target driven, eager to generate new business and sustain growth for the company
- Highly customer focused with a proven ability to build and sustain effective long-term customer relationships
- Ability to work autonomously and travel throughout the UK and not adverse to overnight stays away from home
Please send a full CV along with a covering letter to or call for more information before the closing date of 05/08 /2017.