Works Manager / Engineer
Role: Works Manager/Engineer
Salary: £30000pa - £35000pa DOE
Our client seeks an experienced Works Manager/ Engineer to oversee and coordinate the daily running of machines. You will maintain production, productivity and quality to the required standards. You will carry out repairs as and when required. You will be expected to learn how all machines work and be able to run all machines if necessary.
The maintenance, upkeep and execution of machines throughout the business. [machines include but are not limited to rotary, pneumatic, bowl feed small parts, overwrapping, wire straightening, pouch forming.
The company is a well establish entity in a specific product sector. They have a good family atmosphere with a corporate image. Friendly and approachable staff members and management team.
· Oversee machine operators, including training when necessary.
· Overall responsibility for Health and Safety matters relating to machine operation
· Responsible for maintaining quality systems and overseeing all matters relating to quality audits, ISO, ISO 13485 CE marking.
· Assess material costs and offer improvements when possible.
· Organizing the production of goods to meet the business demands
· Responsible for all aspects of building maintenance
· Building and maintaining existing long-term supplier business relations and develop relationships with potential new suppliers.
· Demonstrate sound decision-making skill.
· Strong leadership ability
· Good Communication skills and be able to establish and maintain effective contact with staff and key partners, suppliers, contractors.
· Systematic approach to problem solving
· The ability to work as part of a team
· IT competency: proficient with MS Office.
· Able to work under pressure, to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
· Good organisational skills
· Ability to deliver targets within realistic timescales
· Proven ability to plan, lead and implement projects ensuring they are delivered accurately and on time
· It would be advantageous for the candidate to have an extensive engineering background with knowledge of pneumatics.
· Minimum 10 years experience in a relevant field.
· The above is not exhaustive and you will be expected to assist in other fields if necessary.
If you feel you have the right attributes for this role please provide a covering letter detailing relevant experience or qualifications would be appreciated.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75265177