Quality Inspector - Dudley - Circa £23,000 - Mechanical Inspection
A role has opened for a Quality Inspector for a global market leader in the supply of formed sheet metal fabrications and machined component. You will perform dimensional inspection activities so training on CMM's will be provided. A strong background on quality inspection is required.
The responsibilities of the Dimension/ Quality Inspector include:
- Dimensional and visual Inspection of all stages of manufacture utilising the appropriate inspection and measuring equipment
- Producing accurate reports and maintaining the reporting database
- Working closely with Customer's representatives/Inspection agencies during release inspection activities
- Adhere to all Company H&S Systems of work and Procedures. Ensure Health & Safety of work areas is managed appropriately.
- Report non-conforming parts/dimensions via the NCR process
- Carry out root cause analysis
- Attend Quality/Quality Hot Spot Meetings to review non-conformances
- Assist with training/mentoring of apprentices
- Liaising with machine shop personnel to relocate/reposition items for inspection as necessary
The requirements of the Dimensional/ Quality Inspector include:
- Ability to read engineering drawings, produce accurate reports and have significant experience in the field of Inspection or Machining
- Experience of CMM would be beneficial but not essential - training will be provided.
- Aerospace manufacturing background desirable
- Salary - circa £23,000 Depending on experience - will pay more for the right candidate
- Pension Scheme
- Free on site parking.