Communications and Activity Executive
About the role:
Please note this is a Maternity cover for 12 months
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Executive to join the Operations Communications & Activity team, based at our Pub Support Centre in Burton.
As the gate keepers between Head Office and Operations, the team are fundamental in ensuring business projects are launched successfully and information pubs receive is accurate, timely, engaging and relevant.
The main responsibility of the role is to design, create and send communications through our key internal channels, including; email updates, briefs, the intranet and social media.
This involves regular briefings along with urgent communications and project support. In Operations no day is the same, therefore as the main support team, the working environment is also changing and fast paced.
- To assist with the creation and issue of regular communications - including the weekly What’s The Buzz update and urgent daily communications.
- To organise, write and format communications for projects / ad-hoc communications
- To create materials to effectively brief information, including briefs, posters and videos.
- To ensure all information briefed is relevant and correct, all spelling and grammar is accurate and sent at the agreed time.
- To use the intranet and internal social media platforms to support communications sent via email.
- Administrating internal social media by ensuring all members are current employees, monitoring the content, answering questions and starting discussions as per the social media plan.
- To regularly check and action emails received through the Ops Comms inbox.
- To complete ad hoc collation projects using online survey tools when required for Operations or the Support Centre.
- To support the Operations Communications Manager with the periodic cascade cycle where required.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills with the ability to manage your own time and workload
- A highly rational thinker
- Reactive and able to apply a flexible approach to work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in communications or a flair for creative writing
- Ability to make associations and explain concept clearly
- Strong attention to detail including spelling and grammar
- Ability to write from scratch
- Ability to work within a small team and independently
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint
- Able to spot problems and trends and take initiative to act on them
- Experience using Photoshop
- Experience using video editing software such as iMovie and Camtasia
- Background knowledge of innovative communication channels