Technical Claims Analyst - Apex CF
Role: Technical Claims Analyst
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £26,000 to £28,000 DOE
The role in a nutshell:
Technical analysis of dealer warranty/contract claims and contract repair pre-authorisation requests. Ensuring daily incoming dealer claims are handled in a timely manner and to pre-authorise repairs about a set cost parameter. Carry out analysis of claim costs to identify incorrect costs / product issues and possible ways to control or eliminate them.
What you will be doing:
- To assess and pass claims for payment in a timely and cost-effective manner
- To analyse claims data to identify incorrect costs and to devise methods for controlling or eliminating them.
- To assess and pre-authorise high cost repairs
- To provide a professional service with regards to all aspects of the warranty & contract claim handling process.
- In assessing claims, check for valid parts and labour usage and, where necessary take up any anomalies with the depot staff, involving more senior people where necessary.
- Ensure that any rejected or adjusted claims are followed up & agree settlements with the respective parties; ensure that the Warranty & Contracts Claims Manager is advised of all such cases.
- Processing of any Customer Parts warranty claims received at Depot level.
- Liaise with the Technical Support Teams to ensure that any supporting documentation requested by Product Support can be supplied to support the claim.
- Assess all claims received outside of the normal warranty period with Technical
- Support to ascertain if a valid "Technical Goodwill" claim can be made
What we expect from you:
Key Skills / Competencies:
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical skills
- Highly self-motivated and with the initiative for lateral thinking.
- Possess the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to work effectively and systematically to meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- Ability to accept responsibility.
- Commercial awareness of the warranty process & potential impact on the business.
- Good communications etiquette.
Required knowledge & Experience:
- Experience in warranty & contract handling within the motor industry, in a multi-national company
- Heavy vehicle industry background
- Engineering back ground, preferably with workshop experience
Additional important requirements:
- Fully proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Good knowledge of aftersales administration systems
- Knowledge of our client's product and Systems