A brilliant opportunity for a recent AAT qualifier (or someone with equivalent experience) to get some practical, hands-on experience in a busy finance office for a Birmingham based business.
My client is a well-known Public Sector business in a great central location, easily accessible by public transport. The business is forward thinking and values driven.
Key responsibilities of the role include processing purchase orders using their online system, assisting with the production of financial reports and assisting with month end processing. You also must process credit card transactions, ensure procedures are followed in ordering, purchasing and receipting of goods and liaising with suppliers to deal with queries.
The successful candidate must:
- Have a knowledge of purchase ledger and accounts processes - essential
- Have high quality numeracy and communication skills - essential
- Be AAT qualified - essential
- Work well within a team, and be willing to provide support wherever needed - essential
- Have a knowledge of an accounting system (preferably PS Financials) - desirable
A generous salary of between £17,500 - £20,000 dependent on skill set, plus the opportunity to build upon already strong finance skills and become a rounded, contributing member of a busy finance team