Senior Geoenvironmental Engineer
We have an opportunity in the Hereford area for an experienced geo-environmental engineer to join our client on a Permanent Basis.
Our client is looking for a contaminated land specialist with some geotechnical experience to lead their small geo-environmental department. They require someone who can hit the ground running writing technical reports with little or no input from others.
The role would suit an existing senior engineer/consultant with approximately 10 years’ experience ready to take on the challenge and responsibility of running a department.
• Complete end-to-end project involvement including:
- Production of scopes of work and fee proposals- Design, organisation and supervision of ground investigations in the field (both for contamination and geotechnical purposes)- Writing, checking and authorising phase one desk studies, interpretive intrusive ground investigation reports, remediation method statements and validation reports
- Liaising with regulators
- Financial management of projects
• Maintaining client relationships and establishing new client relationships
• Supporting and guiding other staff members
• Staying up to date with changing guidance and best practice
• Passing on knowledge and skills to the rest of the departmentKnowledge and skills:
• Thorough knowledge of ground investigation techniques
• Soils and rock logging to BS5930:2015
• Solid grip of both contaminated land and geotechnical aspects of ground investigation• Good working knowledge of best practice, industry standards, legislation and technical guidance• Knowledge of waste classification and waste issues related to remediation would be beneficial
• Business development skills would be advantageous
• Full UK driving licence essential
For the right person this is an opportunity to take the lead of a friendly, independent, growing department and take it forward to the next level.
Our client offers a competitive salary, flexible working arrangements, company pension scheme, childcare voucher scheme, up to 25 days’ holiday (plus Bank Holidays), generous CPD opportunities and a van for site-work.
The role is based in Hereford but with site work across the UK.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75265560