Location: Shrewsbury / Telford (TF2 9TU)
Salary: £18,000.00 - £26,000.00 per/Year
Job Type: Permanent
Additional Information: http://www.junipertraining.co.uk
Juniper Training are looking for enthusiastic Tutors to work full time & part time with a base at our centre in Telford with travel/work in Shrewsbury.
We provide great training, opportunities for progression, not to mention great job satisfaction.
Job Outline and Purpose:
• To deliver engaging and effective training sessions to groups
• To compile and assess BTEC (Employability) qualifications
• To deliver English and/or maths qualifications – either Functional Skills or GCSE’s (where applicable)
• Contribute towards ensuring excellent student attendance & retention
• To safeguard the welfare of all students, preventing radicalisation and promoting British Values
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
• To deliver engaging, effective and innovative group training sessions to students
• To engage external speakers (employers, business people, celebrities, progression/support agencies) in order to enhance the learning experience
• To plan and facilitate enterprise projects
• To deliver training that meets criteria & standards for BTEC
• To deliver GCSE/Functional Skills qualifications (where applicable)
• Arrange and facilitate motivational visits/activities
• To conduct & use initial assessment effectively and set students appropriate, but challenging, targets & goals
• To assess and map units for BTEC portfolio and assess readiness for FS/GCSE exams (where applicable)
• To conduct and document meaningful student reviews as per procedures
• Invigilate exams & mark Functional Skills exam papers as appropriate
• Ensure that student attendance and retention targets are met, with absences robustly followed up
• To achieve targets to meet contractual/blueprint obligations
Level 2 English & Maths (or working at)
• To deliver effective training sessions to groups
• Excellent communicator
• To persuade and influence others and deal with conflict/challenging behaviour
• To build rapport with target group and retain their attention during training sessions
• To work well under pressure
• To work to targets and deadlines
• Highly motivated
• Innovative & solution focused
• To remain positive, with a bubbly and engaging personality
• Excellent organisation skills
• Competent in use of IT
• To meet targets and provide a quality service to all stakeholders
Within 6 months
Qualifications – Level 3 Teaching Qualification – Level 3 in English or/and Maths
This role profile is intended to provide a guide to the main duties and responsibilities involved in the post at the date it was drawn up. It does not provide an exhaustive list and should be used in conjunction with the “duties and responsibilities” information for the role.
We change to meet demands of customers and stakeholders, therefore duties within job roles are also subject to change from time-to-time. This role profile will be regularly reviewed and updated, and staff are expected to employ a flexible approach to their work to adapt to these changes.
Changes made will be within the scope and grading of the post and are a common occurrence.
All staff are expected to;
• demonstrate and uphold our values at all times
• demonstrate a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students
• conform to our health & safety policy, promoting a safe environment for all
• conform to our equality & diversity policy, championing/promoting improvements
• contribute to continual improvement
• be appropriately qualified
• attend and participate in training events/days to continually build CPD
The welfare of our students is paramount and the successful candidate will be subject to a DBS check.
Please apply now with an updated CV
The closing date for this vacancy is Friday 18th August 2017.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75262200