Senior Workflow Analyst
Here at First Utility we want to make a difference. We are changing the face of the energy industry by campaigning for more transparency, better communication and a speedier switching process. Through pioneering technology and sharing our knowledge, we put our customers firmly in control of their energy, so they can spend less on what they need and more on what they want.
We are proud to deliver award winning service and as we continue to challenge the industry, our talented people are integral to our journey; our people make that difference. As we continue to grow our Team and expand our service offering, we now have office locations in Warwick, Coventry, London, Krakow and Hamburg.
We’re looking for a Senior Workflow Analyst to join our Credit Management Team to help us continue to make that difference.
How the role fits in
The Senior Workflow Analyst will report into the Analytics & Segmentation Manager and will be responsible for helping the team to create the analytics and reporting for the Credit Management department. The role holder will be the SQL expert and help to cross skill the rest of the team.
The responsibilities will require a diverse application of skills to transition between Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets and SQL (MySQL specifically). The successful candidate will need an eye for detail and have experience in designing and implementing new or improved processes.They must also be confident in their work and be able to explain their data to senior stakeholders as and when needed.
The role day to day
- Producing accurate "Update Reports" for external agencies
- Maintaining, updating and improving our reporting structure
- Answering internal data queries for other managers within the department
- Writing, combining and refining SQL scripts
- Collating and manipulating large volumes of data to support decision making in the department
What you'll need to help you make the best of the role
- An advanced understanding of SQL scripts and the confidence to write scripts without supervision
- Significant experience using Microsoft Excel to an advanced level
- Ability to communicate confidently at all levels both internally and externally
- Strong attention to detail
- Computer literate with experience of MS Office and Google Drive applications
- The role will suit a self-motivated and hardworking individual
- Be able to understand and communicate best practice and or regulatory conduct
The ' nice to have's'
- Experience with Visual Basic Application would be an advantage
- Exposure to the telecommunications or utilities industry would be an advantage
- Enthusiasm for a changing environment
What you'll get in return
Our people are our business, so our mind-set is people first. Spending much of your time at work, we know it’s not just about a rewarding career, development opportunities and competitive salary - the work space, relaxation areas and coffee matter too!
First Perks is our benefits portal where you can access BUPA Private Healthcare, childcare vouchers, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, our staff tariffs and exclusive savings and discounts from nearly 900 retailers - including holiday deals to help you make the best of your 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays). First Perks features discounts for many of the biggest brands - from Lastminute.com to Amazon, from John Lewis to Tesco; there is something for everyone.
We’re proud to support our charity partner the NSPCC and offer regular fundraising events from bake-offs to London Marathon entries. Our teams enjoy quarterly socials, some more adventurous than others! One tradition we’ve held on to as we’ve grown is "Fruity Friday" - heaps of free fresh fruit for all, every Friday.
So if you like the fast pace of an evolving business, feel it’s important to reach your full potential and enjoy your time at work, then a career with us could be your next move.