**Accounts Assistant - Birmingham**
Gleeson Recruitment group are currently working alongside a market leading Business based in Birmingham. Our client is currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant.
This Accounts Assistant is a permanent opportunity paying circa £19,000 per annum.
Main purpose of the role:
- To support the Management Accounts Team in the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- To assist in maintaining the purchase ledgers across all companies.
- To assist in the processing of invoices between departments and companies.
- To assist with statement reconciliations and review ledgers at month end.
- Assist with accruals at month end.
- Review ledgers for supplier payment run.
Accounts Assistant Main responsibilities:
- Processing both sales and purchase invoices onto our accounting system (Sage).
- Archiving of invoices to maintain proper accounting records.
- Liaising with suppliers regarding invoice queries.
- Performing supplier statement reconciliations and ensuring suppliers are paid within the company's payment terms.
- Ensure authorisation procedures for purchase invoices are followed.
- Process purchase order requests from throughout the business.
- Place purchase orders for office equipment, stationery and refreshments.
- Distributing post received into the finance department to the appropriate individuals.
- Maintaining the finance mailbox.
All staff are required to familiarise themselves with the other divisions within the group, and offer support to those departments when requested to suit the demands of the business.
Knowledge, skills & experience preferred:
- Experienced with Sage Line 50 Accounts.
- Experience in an Accounts Assistant or similar role.
- Experience of processing invoices.
- Experience of inter company processing.
- Desire to take on a challenging role.
- Ability and willingness to think on your feet, gutsy and can-do attitude.
- Dedicated and hard-working.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and to manage your time accordingly.
If you are currently studying AAT or early stages of CIMA/ACCA do not hesitate in applying