Group Financial Controller
Athwal Resourcing is recruiting exclusively for an experienced Group Financial Controller for a rapidly growing business that is growing year on year organically and set to continue to grow by 20% in the next 12 months. The company is a market leader in its field and the privately owned medium-sized Group is organised into 5 divisions where the majority of the Group's turnover is in the construction and contracting sector for a wide range of customers in the UK and worldwide.
The newly created role of Group Financial Controller will report into the Finance Director and Managing Director and will be responsible for managing the company's financial accounting, reporting and control activities and accounting processes to ensure they are carried out efficiently, effectively and in line with best practice.
Working closely with the part-time Finance Director, the Operations Director and other team members the Group Financial Controller will ensure high service levels to both internal and external stakeholders and appropriate levels of confidentiality and security. A key part of the Group Financial Controller's initial workload will be managing the relocation of the finance function to a new head office in Aldridge.
The Group Financial Controller's Duties and Responsibilities including:
- Accounting and Financial Control: Ensuring full monthly management information reports are produced (including Balance Sheet controls accounts and the preparation of monthly executive summary, Board Reports and Dashboard of KPIs) to the agreed timetable for all UK companies for review by the Finance Director and Board of Directors;
- Managing Multi-sites: Liaising with local finance teams in China and Hong Kong to obtain management information on a timely basis;
- Staff Management: Provide strong leadership and mentoring to the finance team. Managing the staff within management accounting, sales & purchase ledger, credit control and bank;
- Cashflow: Management of group cash flow on a day to day basis; and producing short-term and medium-term cash flow forecasts;
- Day to Day Operational - ensure the smooth running of the day to day accounting, ensuring all customers are invoices correctly and monies are received to terms and ensure any supplier payments are made to agreed terms and investigate and resolve queries;
- Statutory Reporting and Tax: Preparation of year-end audit files and providing all the regulatory financial information and returns to the authorities in the UK and overseas; including VAT returns;
- Budgeting and Planning: Preparation of annual budget and rolling forecast and strategic plan;
- Operational Excellence: in the heart of the business you will be assisting Operational Director with decision making processes, working with the stakeholders of the business from non-finance personnel to directors;
- Group Initiatives: Work closely with management and Group to establish sound and robust accounting systems and processes for the UK divisions, manage multi-sites, consolidate and merge existing sites into single set of accounts;
- Ad hoc projects: striving for continuous improvements, putting forward suggestions to help in developing systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company's finances and undertaking such other duties as may be reasonably required by the company.
The successful candidate will be:
- Qualified ACCA, CIMA or ACA with a good track record and demonstrable PQE in a senior role;
- Experienced Financial Controller in fast growing, dynamic business;
- Worked in a hands-on finance role which has been part of a larger group, knowledge of construction/contracting is desirable but not essential:
- Highly organised with a strong administrative management background;
- Have a strong drive to ensure there is continuous improvement in processes & procedures and getting things done;
- A team player with proven leadership qualities, keen to learn and develop, capable of motivating, controlling and developing staff;
- Proactive, sense of initiative, able to establish own priorities and work to deadlines;
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Excel) and Sage Accounts essential;
- Have a high attention to detail and ability to work to accurate & tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written;
- Diplomacy and tenacity;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
As part of a growing international group, the company will offer in return the opportunity to develop your skill-set and grow within the company.