Role: Tendering Manager
Salary: up to £55000 p/a
We are currently recruiting for a Tendering Manager for our client's business based in Wolverhampton, who will have the responsible for the overall management and co-ordination of the Company's Tendering function.
Involved with ensuring all tenders are effectively resourced and that compliant submissions are delivered on time, to the required quality, within agreed budgets and in accordance with Company procedures.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will be responsible for maintaining win rates at target levels in order to meet order intake and revenue targets.
- The tender management process commences on receipt of PQQ / ITT / RFI / RFP and continues through to final submission, negotiation and contract acceptance.
- You will be directly responsible for the management of a core tendering function of Proposals Managers and Estimators and will also be required to liaise with all other functions across the business to obtain the required resources to support tendering activity.
- The role requires an ability to work under pressure and to highly demanding deadlines whilst maintaining the highest of standards and expectations across the team. You will be expected to lead by example and be a leader in the business for promoting a customer focus and competitiveness.
- Reporting to the Commercial Director, provides the day-to-day management of the Tendering function
- Functional reporting line for the Proposals Managers and Estimators, responsible for their development and performance.
- Establish and lead a world class, professional business winning service with the levels of market/customer/product/business knowledge necessary to submit high quality, competitive tenders to our customers
- Reviewing the sales pipeline to determine future bidding workload in order to assemble bid teams with the relevant expertise and support
- Support to the Sales & Marketing team for business development, capture planning and bidding strategies.
- Assigning resources to specific tenders, ensuring they are properly trained on business winning procedures
- Driving best practice processes into the bid writing teams including effective kick off meetings, storyboarding, graphics, document reviews and document production
- Formulation of effective pricing strategies for the development of competitive commercial proposals through the use of robust estimating tools and techniques
- Management of the estimating team to ensure estimates are underpinned, developed to the appropriate level of detail and are competitive
- Ensure compliance with regard to the identification, management and mitigation of risks and opportunities
- Liaison with the Finance department in respect of cost modelling data, cash flow and EVA analysis.
- Management and maintenance of an effective governance and approvals process in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Monitor functional performance against agreed KPI's and report on their status
- To lead career development and mentoring of all tender function employees
- Educated to Degree level in an Engineering or Scientific discipline
- Extensive experience of managing tender teams with evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Extensive experience within management of high value and complex tenders (typically D&B or EPC) within highly regulated industries with proven record of accomplishment
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Wide ranging knowledge and application of Shipley proposal management techniques
- Project management experience with particular focus on project planning, risk management and project appraisal
- Good working knowledge of typical IT project tools (Microsoft Office, Primavera etc)
- Dynamism, aptitude for problem solving and team work, practicality, reliability, flexibility, and results oriented
- Good communication skills and interpersonal relations at all levels
- Strong negotiating skills with the ability to secure the required outcomes when dealing with people
- Professional memberships an advantage but not essential
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75244721