Working as a Launch Manager is an exciting and rewarding role. If you are a Launch Manager or a Launch Engineer this is a great career stepping stone for you!
The purpose of the Manager - Launch is to lead the Body Structures Launch Team across all new programmes from M1 through to J1+90. The primary role is to manage day to day activities of the Team, interface with New Model Programmes, Manufacturing and ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
* Lead the Body Structures Launch Teams for both Gaydon and St Athan based programmes.
* Involved from M1 through to Job1+90 days.
* Ensure timely resolution of issues, from correct binning, allocation of resources, technical direction to the Engineers and management of any conflict within the cross-functional team.
* Ensure Team is on-track with Production Part Approval Process progression to achieve Gateway deliverables on-time.
* Generate status reports and attend Launch Gateway Meetings to represent the Body Structures Team.
* Ensure Lessons Learnt are feedback into Programmes and Platform Teams at the appropriate gateways.
* Coach and guide the Engineers within the team to develop their technical and peer group leadership capabilities.
Qualifications & Experience
The successful applicant will possess the following skills and attributes:
* Minimum Degree level in Engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
* Masters level qualification in Automotive or Management.
* Experience in one or more of these areas: Underbody, BIW, Closures, Exterior Functional Trim, Fascia Systems.
* Experience of Cost & Attribute Target setting and then managing through to Job#1.
* Experience of working in high pressure pre-production and launch situations.
* Experience of assigning tasks and prioritise to small team to meet deliverables.
* Experience of managing team members who are not their direct reports.
* Experience of working either with Full Service Suppliers or Engineering Service Partners.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Able to clearly present information to all levels in the organisation.
* Experience of using a milestone delivery process within the Automotive Industry.
* Knowledge and experience of Failure Mode Avoidance techniques.
* Focused, highly motivated, results orientated, who works well under pressure and can work to a given deadline.
* Able to lead team members with varying personalities and motivations in an effective manner.
* Able to successfully lead a cross-functional team and ready to step in to take a position of leadership when required.
* Have a data-driven mind-set to ensure we are making the right decisions at all times.
* Demonstrate a 'lessons learnt' and 'prevent recurrence' mind-set both for engineering & process elements of the business.
If you would like to apply for this position then please either respond to this advert with your CV or give me a call on .
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.