IT Support Analyst
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and knowledgeable individual to join our charity as an IT Support Analyst based in our Head Office in Coventry. You will be employed on a temporary 12 month contract, working 37.5 hours per week and will be rewarded with £23,354 per annum (plus car allowance – payable monthly), whilst providing a first class IT support and advice service to ExtraCare staff, volunteers and residents.
The successful IT Support Analyst candidate will be the core technical resource within the support team and a point of escalation for the Service Desk Analyst. You will assist the Head of IT, and the IT Project Manager and be responsible for providing an efficient and customer focused IT Service ensuring continuity of provision.
The successful IT Support Analyst will be responsible for:
- Providing technical advice to ExtraCare staff and residents.
- Delivering an exceptional customer service experience for Extracare staff and residents through the service desk function.
- Diagnosing and resolving incidents relating to desktop and network services for staff, volunteers and residents.
- Acting as a technical contact and providing a technical point of escalation for all IT matters.
- Visiting ExtraCare locations and carrying out preventative maintenance, auditing and documenting IT assets and addressing support issues.
- Ensuring calls assigned are rapidly resolved and that the IT service is restored as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Provision of the Service Desk function to all people using the ExtraCare IT service
- Liaising with external IT partners and other 3rd parties
- Improving the current IT infrastructure service to users and business continuity.
- Driving efficiency improvements through the use of standard platforms and by using technology to help our frontline staff.
The ExtraCare Charitable Trust enables older people to enjoy a healthier, happier and more independent future by integrating their homes, care and lifestyle. Founded in 1988, ExtraCare is a registered charity based in Coventry. It operates 3,848 homes within 14 retirement villages and 17 smaller housing schemes. Each village or scheme has 5 to 18 social, health and leisure facilities that are accessible to more than 4,400 residents 3,000 volunteers and local people representing all age groups living in surrounding communities.
The internal support team will act as a point of contact for all who use IT to raise calls and ask for assistance. The team will diagnose and resolve all issues relating to desktop/laptop services, and will reach out to the business to identify potential issues before they arise and enhance the IT services available for residents who live in ExtraCare locations.
As our IT Support Analyst you will be have following experience, skills and attributes:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Office, desktops, laptops and thin client devices and network solutions
- At least 2 years experience in a support position
- Microsoft Certification or any other Certification relating to IT support is desirable.
- Experience of working in a split internal/outsourced IT model would be beneficial.
- Be approachable, confident and comfortable working in a customer facing role
- Confident facing a wide variety of stakeholders and in representing ExtraCare and the IT team when dealing with staff, residents, suppliers and other third parties.
-Listening and communication skills are key for this post along with a ‘hands on’ approach and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Punctual, reliable, accurate and passionate in delivering quality customer service and able to work as an important part of a small team.
- Car driver with a full driving licence.
The successful IT Support Analyst will be expected to actively grasp opportunities for personal and professional development. You will have experience of working in a charity environment and/or the care and support sector would be highly beneficial.
This post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure where applicable, two satisfactory references, medical clearance and Home Office right to work clearance.
If you are interested in becoming our new IT Support Analyst then please apply today! We look forward to reviewing your application.