Principal Chassis Engineer - Suspension Systems
Job Title: Principal Chassis Engineer - Suspension Systems
Type of Role: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Salary: up to £65k depending upon experience
First Tier Automotive Supplier
- Responsibility of the Role: Developing and delivering a suspension system from initial concept to production. This will include technical leadership of agreed project deliverables.
- Ensuring all deliverables are completed in a cost-effective and timely manner whilst promoting a task delivery approach within the team
- Cascade vehicle level ride and handling attribute targets to the chassis project team
- Producing design solutions that meet client attribute targets for ride & handling, durability, homologation, NVH etc.
- Coordinate design and analysis tasks to support the correct delivery of the suspension system
- Planning and managing system/component test and validation activities
- Effectively manage tier 1 suppliers to develop component specific targets which meet all programme and technical requirements
- Support cross functional working with other divisions to effectively utilise shared resources across the business
This is an opportunity to join a Global First Tier Automotive Supplier.
- Proven experience in suspension system experience in passenger cars & off-road vehicles (SUV's, military)
- Degreeholder in Engineering or Science related discipline
- Proven technical knowledge regarding chassis systems/components with special emphasis on suspension systems.
- Have proven experience within an automotive or military engineering background, with a number of years leading teams to successfully deliver projects within an OEM, Tier 1 or consultancy environment
- Excellent planning experience within budget constraints
- Excellent interpersonal skills as will be mentoring junior engineers
- Competent commercial awareness and business acumen
- Possess the necessary skills to successfully deliver technically challenging projects
We look forward to hearing from interested parties please contact Susannah
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75280877