BMI Droitwich Spa Hospital in Droitwich Spa is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Patent Administrator to join their team of staff in the Imaging department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Basic financial awareness
- Excellent organisation and multitasking skills required.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Motivated and enthusiastic.
- Previous administration experience in a private healthcare environment desirable.
Duties of this role include:
- To contribute to the smooth running of the patient administrative process throughout the patient journey. Ensure the BMI best practice process maps are followed, to provide an efficient, professional and standard service to all patients, visitors, consultants and staff. All patient queries are dealt with efficiently and professionally.
- First point of contact for all persons attending the hospital, including patients, staff, visitors, Consultants, contractors
- Day to day management of the referrals from the Referral Management Centre, including triage and adherence to the 18 week Referral to Treatment within set timescales and management of SPOT contract patients
- Timely resolution to clinic change requests disseminating information to relevant colleagues and consultants
- Ensure that all revenue is captured accurately.
- To be competent in the use of the switchboard, ensuring quick and effective placing of incoming and outgoing calls, observing the company’s policies on confidentiality. Making full use of internal communication systems i.e paging system.
- Ensure that clear pricing information is available within the department; pass any relevant information to the patient in advance of any tests/procedures.
- To manage all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Approve electronic bookings received via the relevant system and update any booking received via email.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of your CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.