Building Surveyor; City of Wolverhampton Council
I am currently recruiting for a Building Surveyor to work on behalf of the City of Wolverhampton Council.
The successful candidate shall assist in the planning, preparation, implementation and monitoring of the Council’s repair, maintenance and minor works programmes to meet corporate and client requirements.
PRINCIPAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertake property inspections, measured and condition surveys to provide detailed information and plans on a range of maintenance tasks and for inclusion in the Council’s Asset Management Database.
- To assist in development of the Council’s Asset Management Planning processes and identification of prioritised programmes of maintenance and minor works schemes.
- To manage individual contracts and groups of contracts, undertaking regular and planned meetings with clients, headteachers and managers to develop and monitor work programmes and budgets.
- To undertake a range of tasks in relation to management of individual projects for planned maintenance, alterations and refurbishment to include:
- Developing the project brief with the client.
- Undertaking feasibility study and budget estimates.
- Preparing tender documentation including manual and computer aided design drawings and specifications.
- Overseeing tender procedures and evaluation of tenders.
- Site supervision and issuing of variations.
- Preparation of certificates for payment and agreement of final accounts.
- Contract management and control of expenditure within budget and on time.
- To liaise with other managers and professionals on multi-disciplinary projects to ensure an integrated and seamless approach to service delivery.
- To diagnose building defects and identify solution to them in conjunction with the client.In relation to damage through fire or other perils, discuss clients requirements and agree scope of services to be provided.
a. Inspect site and record the extent of damage.
b. Identify the need for and arrange temporary works.
c. Prepare estimate cost for repairs/reconstruction and liaise with loss adjusters.
d. Implement remedial works
- Preparing on behalf of the landlord a schedule of dilapidations as specified under the terms of a lease. Inspecting and approving on behalf of the Council as landlord or tenant any works carried out.
- To maintain up-to-date knowledge relating to legislation and case law affecting property maintenance including Building Regulations, Planning Legislation and the Construction Design and Management regulations.
- To carry out response maintenance, process and monitor repairs from order to completion through various term contracts.
- To assist the Corporate Landlord team in developing initiatives to improve service delivery for maintenance services in accordance with national and corporate good practice guidelines.
- To comply with the Authorities Customer Care, Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities policies, Financial Regulations and Standing orders.
If you feel you have the relevant experience, and are applicable for this role, please click to apply now.