Purchasing Accounts Administrator
I am recruiting for an experienced Purchasing Accounts Administrator ideally with logistics industry knowledge; this is an exciting opportunity to work for a 'family feel' Logistics company where it is all about delivering the best customer service.
A new position for the company due to continued expansion, you will be responsible for the purchasing administration duties within the accounts team, ensuring duties such as, suppliers statements are reconciled, invoices are paid, daily banking and logging of funds, raising of cheques etc are completed. Purchases you will be dealing with will be things such as freight exporting, shipping costs etc e.g. haulage fees.
My client is a leading British logistics provider headquartered in Birmingham. Established over 35 years ago, they have the credibility and a reputation that allows them to continue to expand within the UK and worldwide arena using their global infrastructure of partnerships and agents. They operate ocean, road and air freight services with a balanced portfolio of inbound and outbound blue-chip clients
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Passing Purchase Invoice for payment
- Daily banking & logging of funds received and applying funds to relevant accounts
- Reconciling supplier's statements
- Rejection of supplier invoices as required
- Preparing and paying purchase invoices for payment on open accounts or BACS
- Raising auto cheques for CAD Payments etc
- Opening of new suppliers and traders
- Maintaining all relevant and applicable sales & purchases ledgers & cash books
- Maintaining month end sales, purchases and cashbooks
- Checking and processing of bulk invoices as required
- Maintaining high risk schedule
- Transfer of funds between different divisions of the company and any related internal invoicing
- An understanding of the logistics industry, ideally from a freight forwarding/operations background
- A minimum of 1 year's previous purchasing accounts administration experience is essential
- Good problem solving skills to enable prompt resolutions of queries or complaints.
- A clear understanding of making payments in different currencies including US Dollars/GB Pounds Sterling/Euros.
- Experience of looking after company vehicles (vehicle tax, insurance, repairs, MOT's etc).
- The skill to prioritise a large number of tasks to ensure accuracy, and deliver results with great attention to detail and a high sense of urgency.
- Knowledge and utilisation of 'Companies House' including downloading of accounts and credit facility checks ie ICC reports would be ideal.
- The ability to interact with a global network of agents, suppliers, shipping lines, hauliers.
- Good verbal and written communication, to provide a professional image to customers and suppliers.
- Experience in the adoption and practice of specific company financial policies and procedures.
- The capacity to work in a high pressure environment whilst remaining calm when under pressure.
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE PURCHASING ACCOUNTS ADMINISTRATION EXPERIENCE***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Up to £25000 dependant on experience
- Mon-Fri 8.30-5 (one shift per month working until 6pm and potential of up to 3 Saturday's (9-12) PER YEAR)
- 20 days + 8 Bank Holidays
- Free Car Parking
- On-site canteen with free tea/coffee and soft drinks
- Annual activity fun day
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your cv and call me on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75262599