Shift Production Manager
An opportunity for an experienced shift supervisor has arisen to join a very successful and rapidly expanding food production business in Worcester. Reporting to the Production Manager the shift supervisor will be responsible for supporting efficient running in order to meet agreed budgeted levels of expenditure on materials and labour, use systems that govern the production activity required to meet agreed customer service levels ensuring compliance across all standards.
- Working hours are 1700-0100 Monday- Friday
- Responsible for ensuring that the Technical and Quality standards are understood by the employees and take appropriate steps to ensure that they are met at all times.
- Measuring the performance and reporting this against the KPI's agreed.
- Accountable for accepting and delivering the production plan to maximise customer service levels
- Identifying root cause and corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Engender a spirit of co-operation and ways of working that supports the company values.
- Development and performance management of staff
- Conducting appraisals with team members acknowledging good performance and to identify and agree training / development needs.
- Any issues of non-performance are to be addressed swiftly and within the company's normal procedures.
- Responsible for discipline within the department in line with company policies
- Look for and encourage opportunities to improve the business in any area from productivity to a safer working environment.
- To act as a key interface with customer representatives when factory visits and audits are conducted ensuring the team are properly briefed and prepared for these events and will seek to enhance customer relations at every opportunity.
- To ensure a safe working environment is maintained in order to avoid accidents and prevent injuries to employees.
- Experience managing production teams of 30+ staff within the food sector is essential
- HACCP and NEBOSH certificates are essential
- Previous exposure to BRC audits are essential due to the nature of the business
Encore Personnel are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Specialist Recruiters in the Technical/engineering, Industrial, Driving, Energy and senior appointment sectors. Supplying nationally. Encore offer a 'refer a friend' reward scheme where you could receive a gift of up to £500.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75243561