Road Operations Training & Competence Manager - West Midlands
Road Operations Training & Competence Manager
Location - West Midlands
Full time, permanent role.
Salary - up to 60k DOE
This is the Job
This is a business critical role responsible for ensuring that all our patrols and roadside technicians are provided with appropriate knowledge and skills to maximise their roadside repair capability in a safe and compliant manner.
As the Road Operations Training and Competence Manager, you will be responsible for developing a modern blended learning environment which provides our patrols and technicians with knowledge and skills in a cost effective environment through the delivery of bespoke learning plans in central, local and remote training environments.
You will be working closely with the wider road operations technical and operational teams to collaboratively understand how future technologies may impact on our repair capability and how our learning strategy needs to evolve to cope with these changes.
What will I be doing?
Supporting patrol performance through effective and energetic engagement with the senior outdoor road ops management team to rapidly implement training and learning initiatives.
Maximising the effective use of data, ensuring that learning effectiveness and ROI is measured to identify most appropriate methods of delivery to improve operational roadside efficiency.
Continually benchmarking and reviewing our approach to learning and development against other organisations to ensure that we remain at the forefront within a roadside assistance environment.
Devising and implementing a national training and learning strategy to ensure that patrols and technicians are effectively trained and competent.
Providing expertise and strategic guidance to the road operations technical director to ensure that maximum use is made of existing and emerging digital technologies.
Understanding the short, medium and long terms objectives of the business as well as individual patrols and technicians.
Effectively managing, developing and motivating managers and staff within the training department providing them with appropriate focus and direction.
Evaluating impact of future automotive legislation and technological developments to identify and assess the potential impact on repair capability for the future.
Developing close working relationships with all levels of the road operations management team to ensure a collaborative and supportive approach in identifying and implementing training and learning initiatives.
Managing within budget the training and learning infrastructure and people within the road operations training team.
Maintaining understanding of new educational and training techniques and methods.
What do I need?
Managing a team:
- Manage performance in a supportive manner to develop individual’s maximum potential.
- Provide direction and vision to the wider team to ensure understanding and buy in ensuring that everyone is contributing towards common goals and objectives
- Supports and facilitates the development of talent within their team by providing timely feedback, guidance, training to help them reach performance goals and achieve personal aspirations.
- Effectively prioritises workload and tasks in order to respond to changing demands while utilising the wider skills and attributes of individuals within the team
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven knowledge, professional competence and experience within an adult learning environment with a track record of delivering change and implementing new learning strategies and structures.
- Proven managerial experience with the ability to motivate and develop members of the team
- Extensive understanding of modern learning Pedagogy techniques
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team to deliver projects within challenging timescales on budget
- Positive and resilient within a constantly changing and evolving business environment
Education and Qualifications:
- Educated to degree or equivalent experience - ideally Chartered Member CIPD
- Automotive or Mechanical/Electrical Engineering background preferred but not essential
- Highly articulate communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective influencing skills - internal and external
- Strategic thinker with track record in planning and delivery of high profile projects and initiatives within a learning environment