Body Shop/ Preparation / MET Technician
We are looking for experienced Preparation/MET Technician to join our talented team at Derby Audi. Your main responsibilities will be to carry out preparation work to body work ready for paint work, these task include fine filler work, sanding and masking, strip and fit of items ready for preparation,
The main aspect of this role will be to undertake the preparation of nearly new or new cars, including final filler work, such as stone chip removal,
- Dismantle and rebuild vehicles as instructed by Estimate or Job card in line with Audi factory guidelines.
- Report unseen damage absent from the Estimate as soon as it is identified
- Assess tool and equipment requirements, and to report damaged or faulty equipment immediately
- Complete all administrative procedures (including warranty) relating to service and repair work
- Attend meetings and training programmes as and when required
- Assist with development and training of other technicians
- Carry out other duties as required
Hold a full and valid UK driving licence.
We will recognise and reward your hard work, loyalty and achievements with excellent rewards too. On top of your competitive salary.
As the UK’s largest prestige motor retail group we provide an outstanding working environment and exciting career opportunities. We are immensely proud to have been voted by our employees the Sunday Times No.1 Best Big Company to Work for 2017.
We have been in the top 5 for the last 8 Years and for the 5th consecutive year we have also attained the highly prized 3 star accreditation for outstanding levels of employee engagement.
- Additional employee benefits which includes - cycle to work scheme, preferential rates for servicing/MoT, up to 20% off high street retailers.
- And, of course being part of the largest luxury motor group offers unrivalled career opportunities for progression.