Assistant Kiln Manager
Job Title:Assistant Kiln Manager
Our client is an international, world-leading manufacturer and supplier of award winning ceramic ranges for the hospitality industry, operating globally.
Our world-renowned client operating in the heart of Staffordshire are seeking an experienced and time served Kiln Manager. The role of the Kiln Manager will be a pivotal role within the business. The Kiln Manager will be responsible for an overall team of 55 with some direct reports. The role of the kiln manager will be to control the firing processes in all aspects including technical, mechanical, electrical and practical areas of the site. In order to produce consistent quality products efficiently and economically.
The duties of the Kiln Manager:
- Design and implementation of firing schedules, kiln furniture
- Maintain records and readings of all instruments for each throughput speed
- All matters of the health and safety instruction will be dealt with. This will be done in close liaison with the QESH and HR departments
- Reviews of processes, methods and technology will be carried out
- Ensure that all production targets are met, as set by the Kiln Manager/Manufacturing Director
- Source most efficient and economical route of ware/product through kiln processes and reroute ware/product as appropriate to ensure that efficiencies are met
- People management - responsible for the management of all kiln personnel in all aspects, with the support of the Kiln Manager as appropriate
- Provide 24-hour support and cover for all kilns on site. Covering for the Kiln Manager for holidays and absences as appropriate.
- Must be a strong man-manager with proven experience
- Knowledge of kiln firing/drying processes and technology
- Health & safety awareness
- Knowledge of generalist day to day HR issues.
Hours: Initially will start on a rotating shift pattern, then will settle into one set shift
Salary: £30,000 pa
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.