Futura Design Ltd - An Automotive Recruitment and Design Agency, based in the heard of the West Midlands.
Our client based in Warwick are looking for a Bid Writer to join their Bids/Proposals team. They are a global brand with over 50 years of experience in their sector.
Location: Warwick, UK
Salary / Hourly Rate: £25k - 28k per year
Type of Contract: Permanent
1. Overall Job Purpose
The Bid Writer’s primary objective is to produce innovative and impactful bid documents in order to support business growth strategy
2. Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Head of Proposals and Bid Estimator to produce text responses and content for pre-qualification questionnaires, requests for information and requests for proposal as appropriate.
- Ensure all documentation meets the required standard in terms of content and presentation
- Write, edit, research and analyse to ensure all bid documentation is produced in line with the required criteria and is both persuasive and compelling
- Build critical graphics into submissions to ensure that the Company message is presented in a powerful way
- Deliver completed written proposal responses to the Proposals Manager within agreed timeframes
- Conduct, review and edit work created by others
- Manage and develop a network of internal experts on various subject matters
- Work closely with operational teams and central functions such as Finance, HR, IT & HSQE
- Work closely with marketing colleagues to ensure all documents are produced in an innovative and impactful way and to the highest quality
- Build knowledge of different customers and the differing ways of producing proposals for them
- Support the proposal management process following submission by signposting queries from the Customer and ensuring responses are provided
- Review previous tenders and pre-qualification questionnaires for feedback in order to refine answers to improve quality submissions.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in bid writing (essential)
- Advanced qualifications in Microsoft Word and Powerpoint
- In-design experience and expertise (ideal but not essential)
- Educated in English Language preferably to degree level with previous copywriting or bid writing experience
- Experience in the services industry (preferred)
- Ideally professional bid writing qualification (preferred)
- Previous experience and demonstrated strength in written and oral communications (examples will be requested)
- Clear effective communication style and experience
- Strong team player orientation - collaborative in approach to business and solutions oriented
- Strategic thinker, creative and flexible - ability to present concepts in a simple clear way
- Strong multi-tasking capability, project and deadline oriented
- Excellent business English written and spoken skills
- Excellent communication skills
Must be an EU Citizen to be able to apply.