Senior Credit Risk Officer
Senior Credit Risk Technical Specialist
As a Senior Credit Risk Technical Specialist you'll own and lead analytical projects (e.g. Forecasting, Regulatory returns, QIS, model monitoring) from the design stage through to implementation and continued monitoring once active. Be accountable for end-to-end Impairment and Capital processing, in accordance with all relevant business policies, procedures & standards - including compliance with all regulatory pronouncements. You'll be a key part of the team supporting the delivery of team accountabilities in line with business strategies through identification and delivery of enhancements.
Professional qualifications or essential experience required:
* Detailed understanding of the Credit Risk Regulations of CRD4 with respect to credit risk capital requirements and how they are calculated under both IRB and Standardised Approaches.
* Detailed understanding of IAS39 and IFRS9 impairment provision methodologies and calculations. Knowledge of regulatory initiatives and the direction of travel in relations to capital regulations.
* Extensive Credit Risk experience at an analyst level.
* Substantial understanding of statistical techniques, and knowledge, understanding and/or experience of monitoring and validating credit risk models.
* Previous experience of writing and presenting in-depth reports to senior management.
* Advanced skills in the use of MS Excel, and experience in the use of statistical and reporting packages (e.g. Business Objects, IBM COGNOS).
* Knowledge and experience of SAS including Advanced Base SAS with SAS Macros, SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS VAAR and SQL.
* Own the process and approach to monitoring, validating and reporting on credit risk model performance within the CRR IRB framework using a variety of statistical techniques and tools. These models include credit scorecards, PD models, LGD models, ratings systems etc.
* Review and interpret recommendations made by independent experts regarding model validation and monitoring, and work closely with external or internal experts to develop and implement monitoring tools, reports and MI, within the agreed timescales.
* Accountable for business critical activities such as regulatory capital calculations, impairment provision calculations, forecasting etc. and identify and recommend improvements or amendments to established calculations as appropriate.
* Lead the development and be responsibility for the provision of credit risk information required by COREP, FINREP and other regulatory returns.
* Remain abreast of regulatory requirement, consultations, initiatives etc. in relation to capital and impairment requirements.
* Undertake ad-hoc analytical projects and report and document results, including where appropriate making presentations to management/senior management/Executives.
* Support the Risk Models BAU Manager with the development of other members of the team.
* Liaise with stakeholders across the business on matters relating to Credit Risk.
* Expected to build a network of contacts throughout the business covering areas such as Finance, Credit Risk, Balance Sheet Management, and Products and Strategy. This could include attending risk committees as required or presenting papers in response to queries from other teams or through discussion at committees and project steering groups.
* Builds and maintains a detailed understanding of wider business process and strategy through engagement with other teams, either through attending meetings or generating their own queries to inform analysis.
Ability to use the following systems:
* MS Excel
* Core systems (SUMMIT, MAPS, Business Objects, and COGNOS).
If interested in the role please do contact Alex Nash directly on
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.